NC Angler Forums banner

Chillin’ on the New

RED X 
3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Abert43 
#1 ·
In an effort to escape the insanity a small group went up to camp on the South Fork of the New. We brought kayaks but knew we may not float at all due to quick water, cold temperatures and brutal wind. Some may think we are the insane ones for going up to 3,000 feet of elevation based upon the forecast. Well, it was epic. Daze123 (Donnie) was there with 2 others, MWagner (Mark), myself and (Bob), Plowboy 0051 were well prepared. Ted and Linda dropped by and delivered an awesome breakfast Saturday morning as promised!

Dusty Trails Outdoors (Dustin) has awesome sites right on the river via a few narrow dirt roads. They have some good deep holes too so we were able to fish right there. We had 2 kayakers that would have been first timers and we erred on the side of caution. Ate, stayed around the fires, had a beverage and caught a few fish. The smallie pictured was taken in 29 degree temps at 6:30 AM Sunday morning. Hated to leave the real world only to return to the lunacy going on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
I’m going to have to look into a way for Linda to have access to internet now that we are dealing with the Covid 19. Hated only being able to show up and not stay the night, but sort of hard when you have to submit a report 4 times a day 7 days a week starting at 6 am. Thinking a satellite phone might be a way to go just for her reports. For the time we spent with everyone was well worth a turn and burn but was a real bummer not staying for the evening fellowship and fishing.

#7 ·
i really enjoy using it than a frying pan. Have done fajitas, stir fried vegetables and eggs with shredded potatoes, cheese, peppers bacon and sausage. Center is the hot area for cooking and the sides will just keep things warm. I want to try and make Cinnamon rolls one day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.