River Roanoke River NC 5/13

Thread: Roanoke River NC 5/13

Default Roanoke River NC 5/13

The shellcrackers are still in the pads. Water temp in Cow Creek was 65 when I left at 1:30 ( went to 3 Sisters and it was only 60 in there) . I'd assume the fish will push up in 3 Sisters in the coming weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	Roanoke Shellcrackers.jpg‎
Views:	104
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	197611
    Abert43, crappie89, and jerry condrey like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Panfish Jack
    I'm retiring in the next month and want to fish the North River and Three Sisters area. I'm in Goldsboro and have never had an opp to fish your part of the state. Can you give me any ideas where I can put my boat in ?
    I've been mostly saltwater for last several years and can't wait to hook a bream again. I'm like a lot of guys....grew up drowning crickets and had to chase saltwater fish for a while. Just bought a Tracker 160 and it needs to get wet !
    Any help is greatly appreciated !

David Edgerton

I don't know anything about the North River. As far as going to 3 Sisters, you can put in at Plymouth I think the address is 205 W Water St, Plymouth,NC. There's plenty of fish to be caught up there. If you need a place to stay, we usually stay at the Sportsman Lodge, right on 64 in Plymouth.

Since I'm in Burgaw, I fish the Trent and Neuse more, I can definitely help you there, if you need any. Good luck and watch out for the snakes up there ( there's plenty of them too).

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by panfish jack View Post
    I don't know anything about the North River. As far as going to 3 Sisters, you can put in at Plymouth I think the address is 205 W Water St, Plymouth,NC. There's plenty of fish to be caught up there. If you need a place to stay, we usually stay at the Sportsman Lodge, right on 64 in Plymouth.

Since I'm in Burgaw, I fish the Trent and Neuse more, I can definitely help you there, if you need any. Good luck and watch out for the snakes up there ( there's plenty of them too).
    Thanks for the location and heads up on the snakes ! I would hope most are water snakes and not moccasins but I have a feeling that's not the case.

I never thought about the Trent. Is it good for panfish ?

How about NE Cape Fear in your neighborhood ? My uncle had a fish camp on it 50 yrs ago and the fishing was excellent. I remember there were tons of rattlesnakes around there too.

I've lived in Goldsboro for years and never fished the Neuse even though there's a ramp 10 mins from my house. On this end, it seems it's either too high or too low. I grew up killing bream in the Little River but it's too trashed now to get a boat on it.

Thanks again and have a good weekend !

David Edgerton

As far as the snakes go, yu see ,ore water snakes, but there's plenty of cottonmouths too. Trent River is good for panfish, once you learn some places to fish, If I'm not off fishing a crappie tournament somewhere in the fall/winter, 90% of the time I'm up around New Bern fishing.

The NE Cape Fear was devastated by the storms. There's a lot of knowledgeable fishermen around here, that are coming up empty handed in the NE Cape Fear.

Black River has been pretty good though.

Quote Originally Posted by panfish jack View Post
    As far as the snakes go, yu see ,ore water snakes, but there's plenty of cottonmouths too. Trent River is good for panfish, once you learn some places to fish, If I'm not off fishing a crappie tournament somewhere in the fall/winter, 90% of the time I'm up around New Bern fishing.

The NE Cape Fear was devastated by the storms. There's a lot of knowledgeable fishermen around here, that are coming up empty handed in the NE Cape Fear.

Black River has been pretty good though.
    Thanks Jack.
    Any suggestions on the best ramp to use for the Trent ? I need all the help I can get since it's been years since doing freshwater.

David Edgerton

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements