Planning to get back to fishing.

Thread: Planning to get back to fishing.

Question Planning to get back to fishing.

7-8 years ago and before that, I did a lot of kayak fishing and really enjoyed it. Then I got busy singing in chorus, choirs, quartets, and musicals. Well guess what, other than one quartet, nothing else is even practicing now.
    I have been assuming it is a little early to hit the marsh creeks looking for speckled trout? But I thought maybe when the temperatures go up next week the fish might be getting more active.
    what say the rest of you? I use artificial baits, what would you recommend since it’s been so long since I have even got my line wet.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, you gotta start somewhere, if you plan on getting back into the game. I'd head out asap, wetting a line even if it is a bit early, just to get the "lay of the land...or water" in this case. Do some scouting, get back used to operating your watercraft.
    AKA: Soilman

Don't do it. Fishing will eat your soul. Or if not fishing, Zeta Reticulan shape shifters disguised as turtles. Not to mention your wallet will suddenly become much lighter and any "Free time" you had in your life will disappear.

OK, just kidding. Except the part about the turtles.

I don't know about speckled trout in particular, but I recently went through the whole "starting to fish again" thing after a long layoff. About 20 years in my case. All I can really say is "just get out there and do it." Even if you don't catch anything, you're still outside, doing something fun. Better than sitting in front of a computer. The fishing knowledge and skills will come back with time and patience. Or at least I hope that's true, because I'm still in the "being patient" phase myself.

Good luck!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mindcrime View Post
    All I can really say is "just get out there and do it." Even if you don't catch anything, you're still outside, doing something fun. Better than sitting in front of a computer. The fishing knowledge and skills will come back with time and patience. Or at least I hope that's true, because I'm still in the "being patient" phase myself.

Good luck!
    Problem is, I am not a big fan of fishing, but I really like catching. I have been very productive around the house and have it and the yard in tip top shape. Now if I can start catching some fish, that would be a perfect way to stay busy. My quartet has managed to get two performances in over the last week, so that has been fun. Learning an Eric Clapton song “Changing the World“ that has a great Bass line.
    mindcrime likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements