What is the brackish water Bluegill?

Thread: What is the brackish water Bluegill?

Default What is the brackish water Bluegill?

Are there any easy to catch fish in the North Creek area between Bath and Belhaven? We are going to my sisters house this weekend on North Creek back in the Ashon Gut area. Hoping to find some fish we can catch off the dock. Size and species does not matter. Just looking for the Bluegill of the Pamlico. Thinking about some cut shrimp either on a bottom rig or under a float. The dock goes out pretty far to about 6-7 feet of water. Any advice would be appreciated. We also have boats and kayaks to fish out of. Looking for quantity not quality.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't know about that area specifically, but when I lived at the coast (down South, in Brunswick County) the "easy to catch" fish in salt water or brackish water would probably be Spot, along with maybe Croaker and Mullet. Fishing off the docks along the ICW using fresh shrimp as bait, you'd pretty much always catch something. Likewise for the Shallotte River inlet and upstream a little.

My guess would be that if you go out and fish with shrimp as bait like you're talking about, you'll pull in something similar.

White Perch

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

White perch and spotted (speckled) sea trout. I fish North Creek regularly and it has been good. Heavy rain may turn things very muddy, however—its been raining since Monday and is not forecast to stop until Saturday afternoon.
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

Did you catch anything? I was across the river from there and caught a boat load of drum. Most were in the slot too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements