05-25-2020 - Booker Creek @ Eastgate Crossing in Chapel Hill - crazy Bluegill day

Thread: 05-25-2020 - Booker Creek @ Eastgate Crossing in Chapel Hill - crazy Bluegill day

Hybrid View

Default 05-25-2020 - Booker Creek @ Eastgate Crossing in Chapel Hill - crazy Bluegill day

05-25-2020
    Booker Creek behind Eastgate Crossing in Chapel Hill

---

Went back to my favorite little hole in CH, after getting skunked at a couple of earlier spots. This place, today, was on fire for Bluegill in particular. I caught a few of the larger Bluegill I've ever caught, out of 14 in total. Three of them went 0.34#, 0.34#, and 0.32# respectively. And I also added 1 LMB, 1 Pumpkinseed, and 1 Green Sunfish to the tally. The fish were hungry... a couple of these guys attacked my lure (mostly tube jigs) almost as soon as they hit the water.

After the tube jig bite died off, I switched to the Berkley Powerbait crappie nibbles stuff and continued to catch fish. At least until a couple of beavers swam up into the hole below the guardrail and started messing around. I think they spooked the fish away, although I did manage 1 or 2 more after the beavers showed up. I actually caught some halfway decent video (I think) of the beavers messing around. I'll see if I can get that uploaded and linked in as well at some point.

---

A halfway decent Bluegill.

Another sunfish.

More Bluegill.

I mean, not huge, but for a Bluegill that's not bad.

Pumpkinseed (I believe).

A bass. Not big, but fun to catch.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    peanut likes this.

Looks like you had fun! Nice job!
    jerry condrey likes this.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Looks like you had fun! Nice job!
    That's the name of the game. Fishing for me, right now, is a way to get out of the house, divide my day between "work time" and "my time" and get away from the "real world" for a little while. Sure, catching big ole 8# or better bass would be nice, but that's not really "the goal" per-se. The goal right now is just to say sane. To the extent that anybody would call me"sane'...
    jerry condrey likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

That one brilliantly colored one is a pumpkinseed.