NC Angler Forums banner

New boat with a Hook 2 9" triple shot

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Newcommer 
#1 ·
Anyone else have one? Mine shows no detail in down or structure imaging. Lowrance said it is in the settings but even on full automatic I don't see bottom structure, standing trees. Everything appears as smooth sandy bottom. I did see some baitfish balls but even at shallow depth I can't find the fish attractors on oak hollow lake. I would appreciate anyone's help and would love to see the details like in simulation mode.

#3 ·
I have a 7 triple shot and similar results. One of my questions is when on side scan I get somewhat of a mirror image on both sides of the boat. This is especially confusing when I have a bank on one side and half mile of open water on the other.

#5 ·
About 18 months, no as the same thing is shown on instructional videos. I just presumed that’s the way it is. Now about all those I have watched do is run through the menu choices. If you know of a good one that tells you what you are looking at please tell me the name. What I have done but to no avail is to drop different stuff overboard to see how they would show up. I tied a plastic bottle, a glass bottle and a metal bottle to concrete blocks, laid them out in a row, then drifted back over them. Was wanting to see how the differences in density of them would show up. Didn’t work.

#7 ·
Check your down imaging frequency. If it's set to 800 kHz it will be using a very narrow cone and will only show whats right under the transducer but with a lot of detail. Switching to 450 kHz will widen the cone and show a lot more cover and fish with less detail.

Use 450 kHz for searching, 800 kHz for zeroing in on location or getting a more detailed picture of cover.

And like trigger22 make sure you know what transducer you have and make sure the unit is set to use that type of transducer. I think it will detect the type automatically but never helps to double check.

#8 ·
Yes it is a triple shot. I get a down image but it looks like the bottom detail is smeared as if a kid wiped his hand across wet paint. I pulled up to standing timber and rocks that I knew were there and barely got a blurry picture hardly any detail. I have used both 455 and 800. I went over a fish attractors that I know are there and could barely make them out on down image in 9 feet of water. I couldnt see them at all with side image as I passed it on both sides.

#9 ·
Have you tried reseting the unit? This can often reset the settings to a good state.

Also, can you take a picture of your transducer install and post it? Also maybe take pics of the screen on the water and post those.

If you're on Facebook there is a FB Group called "Lowrance Tips & Tricks" that has a lot of members that might be able provide more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.