NC Angler Forums banner

Favorite Fishing Lures

4K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  skinnyfisher 
#1 ·
Between all of the crank baits, jigs, spoons, plastic baits, and other lures I have stuffed into several dozen Plano boxes, I probably have hundreds of fishing lures to choose from. But if I had to pick one that has been the most consistent for catching fish for me the last few years, it would be a #6 Panther Martin Deluxe Fly spinner in orange / gold. I have caught everything from bass, bream, crappie, to bowfin, catfish, and perch on those little lures. With small diameter line and a light / UL combo, you can cast them a mile and never know what you might hook on the retrieve.

What is your favorite lure and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
It’s really interesting to see the variety of lures listed in this thread. I think there has been very little (if any) overlap so far. I think it goes to show that fisherman are probably a lot more picky about the lures than the fish!

#18 ·
I’d absolutely agree with that... I’ve been fishing a spot frequently this year that is loaded with bowfin. They were crushing my favorite lure (the Panther Martin spinner), but just for fun one day, I went to try something different and tied on a small Spro BBZ-1 rat that I had bought in the spring. Within the first 8 minutes, I had two bowfin in the kayak. Wow, I thought. Who knew that bowfin loved rats?

I think I now have two favorite lures.

https://youtu.be/FEMdq96MNCw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.