New member, Fayetteville!

Thread: New member, Fayetteville!

Default New member, Fayetteville!

Hey everyone, thanks for the add! Looking at getting into catfishing with the family. We just got a boat so looking for decent spots close to Fay! Look forward to learning as much as I can here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey welcome to the forum! I am also new to the NCAngler and live just outside Fayetteville on the North Side. Not an expert by any means but I know a few places where some big blues are caught along the Cape Fear. It really depends on what you are looking for. I'm not going to put any specific spots on blast but Wildlife Rd. in Lillington is a good launch to start at. I have seen some nice Blues come from this location and I fish the area for spots occasionally. Be easy boating here there are a few light rapids up-river and downed trees. Not to mention tons of kayakers due to everyone and their mother getting outdoors.

South River may also be productive. I don't fish for catfish there typically but once you hook your first big bowfin you might be sold on this often overlooked river. The launch is at Sloan Bridge. I haven't been up there in awhile so I am not sure at how navigable the river is for a boat due to cypress knees and downed trees. If you have a trolling motor you should be fine. If you are looking for a peaceful connection to nature this is for you.

Kerr lake produces large catfish as well but is a good 2hr drive.

If you are looking for family fun Jordan is a VERY productive channel lake. Once the bite turns on in a cove you can catch a cooler full in a few hours. Sizes range from 1-5 lbs typically but I have caught citation channel on Jordan.

We live in a weird spot of NC where you have to travel a bit to get into great fishing.

Hit me up if you want a fishing companion. Also a family guy here.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements