Looking for a new KAyak

Thread: Looking for a new KAyak

Default Looking for a new KAyak

So my wife and I have had cheap entry level (like sub $200 on sale) sit-in kayaks for a few years, and now that I work Monday through Friday, I have more time off on weekends to get out. We both want to try sit-on models now for the added functionality.
    I'm looking for an angler kayak in the $800 range. We have also been looking to upgrade my wife's outfit to a nicer model with an actual seat, but having trouble finding a non-angler version with a more premium price tag. Looking to spend up to $500 for her, because she just floats and doesn't care about fishing.
    In fact, we've had trouble finding anything in stock at all. Bass Pro/Cabela's, Dunham's, Academy, Dick's (gasp, I know), Gander/Overtons, and Wally World are all low on inventory. I've checked a couple local places and they are out as well. I'm told it is production-related due to COVID, but I'm surprised that were just getting into Summer good and nobody has anything available.
    We live in Nash County, and are willing to travel up to about an hour. Figured I'd see if anyone on here owns or knows the owner of any of the local places that don't have websites for me to search. I'd consider used ones if the price is right, as well...

P.S. This was supposed to be Father's Day present for me, but she couldn't find anything, so she enlisted my help in searching, but I came up empty as well. Hahaha.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Check out the Crescent Lite Tackle and Ultralight. Just a little over your budget and you would have to make a trek to a dealer to pick them up but they are NICE and the price is very fair.

My brother has had a new Vibe kayak on order for six months...he finally gave up on it and has ordered a Brooklyn yak (a month ago and is still waiting). A lot of these boats are manufactured overseas, and yes they are hard to get. Keep looking, and try places like West Marine, Great Outdoor Provision Company, and on-line at Austin Canoe and Kayak. Good luck!
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Jaclson Bite is nice and right at your price point... But finding one in stock right now might be difficult

about 2 hours away in Boonville they have some in stock... https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/...119534963.html
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Check the used/clearance section at Get Outdoors in Greensboro.
    https://shopgetoutdoors.com/
    TomnNC likes this.

I just got one I think you my like. It is a pelican catch 110 a bit more money but very nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200619_184247_1592668394309.jpg‎
Views:	57
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	197829

I 2nd Get Outdoors. Little further than 1 hour drive from Nash to Greensboro.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I like my LifeTime SportFisher Tandem.

It's not expensive (about $500 from Academy's online store), very solid and stable, easy to paddle solo or tandem. Stable enough to stand up in, in calm water, IF I trusted my balance.

It also has a stern design that can fit a mount for a trolling motor, which can be handy if weather conditions change or if you just get tired paddling against the current. I have that mount, battery, and trolling motor, and only turn it on every 3rd or 4th trip - but it's handy to have in reserve!

Steve

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I checked GetOutdoors and their stock is just like everything else - out until mid August.
    I ended up ordering a Perception Outlaw 11.5 as I like the open concept. My wife is seriously looking at a Vibe as she likes their style.
    Delivery for my new is scheduled for next Friday so hopefully I'll get on the water with it next weekend!

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements