New to Clayton

Thread: New to Clayton

Default New to Clayton

Hello everyone I have a few question I just moved out to Clayton looking for new places to put my kayak anybody have good suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Try Go Paddling app.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Nuese River near bridges.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thank you so much for telling me about that app it looks fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmFry View Post
    Hello everyone I have a few question I just moved out to Clayton looking for new places to put my kayak anybody have good suggestions?
    Shearon Harris is a good spot and has a decent beach to launch from, plenty of action on the weekdays when boat traffic is lighter...

I kayaked in that area for about 4-5 years. Neuse River is a good place. Can put in at the Neuse River trail parking areas. I suggest a kayak dolly because it's usually 100 yards or more to the river. Easier if you have a someone to pick you up downriver. Me and a friend used to go and would leave one of our vehicles at the put in and take out. Can also kayak Atkinson mill pond off hwy 42. Its a private business but they leave the gates open for people to access the pond. There is a put in ramp behind the buildings to the left when you go in. Good fishing in there. Can also put in and float some sections of the little river. Just check it out on Google Earth to pick an open section. Other than that I'd try asking around, lots of decent sized private ponds I'm the area.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements