Saltwater Fly Fishing the Swansboro area

Thread: Fly Fishing the Swansboro area

Default Fly Fishing the Swansboro area

Hey guys, Iím originally from Reidsville and have been coming down to Swansboro/EI/MH City all of my life. I picked up the fly rod about 5 years ago to target mountain trout and have fallen in love. My obsession has shifted to redfish for the last several years and I am down in Swansboro for the weekend, but Iím struggling to find a place to wade fish for reds. I donít have a kayak or a boat, so any input would be greatly appreciated! Iím not expecting anyone to give away their honey holes, but if thereís any public spots you know of nearby that I could access, and your willing to share them, Iíd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance,
    Ruddy Duck

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Couldn’t hurt to stop by Pogie’s on Front street for a little advice...they might be able to point you in the right direction.
    RuddyDuck likes this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris52 View Post
    Couldnít hurt to stop by Pogieís on Front street for a little advice...they might be able to point you in the right direction.
    Thanks for the response. The guys at Pogies are always helpful and forthcoming with information. They were one of my first stops. However, they told me that there wasnít really any good public wading opportunities around anymore. Used to be able to park across from Dudleys and fish the marsh where the White Oak empties. Now there are no trespassing signs.
    Chris52 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements