Fishing in the Glendale Springs, Jefferson area of NC

Thread: Fishing in the Glendale Springs, Jefferson area of NC

Default Fishing in the Glendale Springs, Jefferson area of NC

I have visited this area many times over the years for short visits and such. Wondering where is the best areas or places to fish in the area. River, lake or creek not picky on the species but at this time I would be bank bound.

Thanks for any help
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you are willing to get off the bank a wade a little......you are in one of the Best Smallmouth areas in NC. The New River is close by and is generally on fire this time of year. You can also rent a canoe at several places such as Zaloo's. Others on here can maybe give you actual fishing reports.....but, top water fishing this time of year is rewarding with plenty of action and the occasional Brute. As long as there are no recent storms.....it's a peaceful river with Great Fishing. Good Luck!....D

I am willing to get off the bank, had not considered wading the New River. I am considering buying a kayak or something that I can bring with me when we come camping. I have read alot of post about fishing the river from the 88 bridge to the State Park take out area. I fished Heldon Creek yesterday for trout. I didn’t bring my waders with me, so didn’t stay in the water long at the time. But it was a good afternoon.
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

New River smallies are.... smallish in general.

I have floated the new on my kayak dozens of times. Some days, 40-50 fish, some days a skunk.

If you get a kayak, this will become a new addiction for you If not, reach out to Dusty Trails outfitters (a small company that rents kayaks, camp spaces, and does shuttles) and rent a kayak for a day. Dustin is reasonably priced, and is tuned into the fishing. He can give you great places to start.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Thanks for the info on Dusty Trails Outfitters, that may be what I need to get some experience there before buying something.

Thanks
    1998 Triton TR20
    1998 Mercury 200EFI

Quote Originally Posted by ncsouthpaw View Post
    Thanks for the info on Dusty Trails Outfitters, that may be what I need to get some experience there before buying something.

Thanks
    Welcome... Dustin is also an occasional member of this site. And he normally does a little more downstream version of the river, better fishing that way, IMO. Zalloo's is essentially 88 bridge to Wagner Access at the state park, and to me, the fish are smaller there (but there are some nice holes).
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    Welcome... Dustin is also an occasional member of this site. And he normally does a little more downstream version of the river, better fishing that way, IMO. Zalloo's is essentially 88 bridge to Wagner Access at the state park, and to me, the fish are smaller there (but there are some nice holes).
    And while you'll usually get Tons of Action......the "Holes" are what it's all about. The Heddon Tiny Torpedo in Leopard Frog or the smaller sized Whopper Plopper will keep you busy most of the day. Make sure to bring a least a couple Rebel Crawfish lures. And ....Hair Jigs for the deeper Holes. Wacky rigged senkos are productive all day as well. Like Len also said....if you kayak it, you'll be hooked as well. Have a Happy and Safe trip!....D
    Festus Amungus likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements