NC Angler Forums banner

Emerald Isle

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ignitethis84@gmail.com 
#1 ·
Heading to Emerald Isle in Saturday and when I'm not in my kayak I'll be surf fishing. Any help would be great. All I really know is a bottom rig with raw shrimp. Any other presentations, bait I should try? Also lures in the surf? I don't have many but love to collect and add to my arsenal. I have a lot of bass gear suck as rattle traps, rapallas, smaller swim baits and others. Has anyone tried a chatterbait in the surf? Just thinking of what to add and what I have to try. Thanks and tight lines.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Your on the right track and hard to beat a good ole dbl drop rig with shrimp. Add a chair and some chips and you should be just right. Probably most important to try to read the beach and find a spot to toss them. Youtube reading the beach and you'll find some good info on it. Can always try some of the fish bite products, dig you up some sand fleas, net some minnows for a carolina rig, some spoons or even gotcha plug will work. Good luck and expect to see some pics!

#3 ·
Has a great time today. We took the kayaks out in swansboro with no luck. Also feeling pretty hungover. We came back and meet my wife on the beach. As we were walking out I noticed a funnel cloud forming. I never seen a tornado or a water spout so I was pretty excited to see what would happen. There ended up being two water spots that dropped down. We were able to watch the whole thing from birth to death. Really cool. As the beach slowly cleared out I went and got my bottom set up. I caught 1 small flounder last night and was hoping for a repeat or better. As I was pacing watching my rod in anticipation I noticed I teen caught something and it looked like he had a jig head and soft plastic. I was using that earlier kayaking so why not now. I had a 3/8 Jighead and gulp shrimp. I ended up catching fish after fish sometimes on the next cast. Not sure how many but caught close to ten in about 45min. The incoming ride was starting to get really ruff and I couldn't Wade out like I was. Also the lure at this time was just getting thrown around so quickly it really didn't work. So I just chilled and was happy with the night. Hope I can repeat tomorrow. Water Sky Cloud Goggles Sleeve
Sky Cloud Gesture Plant Fish
Sky Hand Arm Gesture Bird
Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Beach Sand Leisure Surfboard
Water Sky Cloud Goggles Blue

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.