Needed: Aluminum Boat Rivets or Aluminum Welding on Jon Boats - N Carolina

Thread: Needed: Aluminum Boat Rivets or Aluminum Welding on Jon Boats - N Carolina

Default Needed: Aluminum Boat Rivets or Aluminum Welding on Jon Boats - N Carolina

Hello all,

I am in need of someone who can rivet aluminum rivets for a jon boat or possibly weld the brace back in place. This brace is the transom brace. I am in Raleigh, NC but willing to travel a little for a highly recommended person who can help. Thank you!
    Raleigh,NC <;})))))><

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If no one steps up, you might try A K McCallum Co out of Fayetteville. Not sure anyone in the area knows jon boats better than them.

Good luck. Tom

Thank you Tom, I have thought of contacting them. They do know these boats inside and out!

Quote Originally Posted by TomnNC View Post
    If no one steps up, you might try A K McCallum Co out of Fayetteville. Not sure anyone in the area knows jon boats better than them.

Good luck. Tom
    Raleigh,NC <;})))))><

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They have an excellent reputation and sell/ service a lot of jons. Their store is very impressive also, you should check it out. An hour'ish from Raleigh.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think they sell a fiberglass hull, only tins.

https://www.akmccallumco.com/

L&J solutions might be able to help you... look them up on facebook. Jimmy did some welding and fab on my trailer and very pleased with it.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by KST&BLST View Post
    Hello all,

I am in need of someone who can rivet aluminum rivets for a jon boat or possibly weld the brace back in place. This brace is the transom brace. I am in Raleigh, NC but willing to travel a little for a highly recommended person who can help. Thank you!
    Try Boat Doctor https://www.buckhornboatdoc.com/

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

If all it needs is new rivets or rivets installed that is pretty simple and two people can do it without anything but a big metal block (sledgehammer will work if room permits) and a smaller ball peen hammer. You can probably get rivets at any bolt supplier near you or you can order from Grainger or McMaster Carr. I bet You Tube has videos of installation. It is 3 hours to Hickory but I could help you if you would like.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements