New River Smallmouth Trip Official Post
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: New River Smallmouth Trip Official Post

Default New River Smallmouth Trip Official Post

It's a Royal pain posting the same information on 2 sites but that's what I will be doing. We are less than 3 weeks out from this seasons New River Smallmouth Trip, Anarchy Edition. I'm posting a list of attendees below. IF I MISSED YOU OR IF YOU HAVE EXTRA PADDLERS WITH YOU THAT ARE NOT LISTED PLEASE POST YOUR UPDATE. IF YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING AND I LIST YOU PLEASE POST THAT. No need to post anything if a non paddler is coming with you (eg., Girlfriend, Wife, both, boyfriend, whatever). This is important as I want to give Dustin a head count for ferry services both Saturday and Sunday. I'll get to the details of that after the list.

MWagner
    Yadnewyaker
    Grey Ghost (non paddler)
    Guffy
    Daze823
    OKSt.
    jlzorn5 2
    JScott + Zach
    Jonathan reason
    Fanopoe
    Blind Squirrel
    Froggy Waters
    Plowboy
    Agger
    Dbeam (I'm assuming he's coming, he's never missed)
    Raymond Wells (Ditto)
    Masha and Shu and Ian
    Riverrunner & Nick
    Master blaster (Saturday)

While the country is facing challenging times we will plan for a standard classic event. Friday August 14 there is a Secret Friday float that never happens. Drop your yak off at the Bill Bledsoe Road spot where Roan Creek dumps into the river. Drive your vehicle back up Bill Bledsoe to the Wagoners Access parking lot. I or someone else should be around to take you back to your yak. Be there no later than 11 if you want me to shuttle you back as that's when I will put in and catch all the fish you earlybirds missed. DO NOT leave your vehicle at the put in.

Saturday we will put in at the 221 Access and float about 6 miles to Dustin (Dusty Trails Outfitters) dad's place. For you old time attendees it's just below where we used to take out at Ed's. I will have a Red X flag on a tall pole to mark the spot (river left just past Prathers Creek downstream of the rocks).

Sunday Dustin will come to 221 at 7:30 AM and haul us up to the Fulton Reeves Rd bridge for the short but productive float (@1 1\2 -2 miles). This gives everyone time to load up and get home.

ANY OTHER FLOATS besides these you need to make your own arrangements. The Judge is aware of certain n'er do wells who prefish on Thursday. I will be up there then to ensure no ethical breaches occur.

Please remember to bring a lure or 3 or related fishing equipment for the Saturday big fish competition awards ceremony. I will have the Yeti bucket on my site (28) to deposit them. The Yeti bucket (a gift) has not been used since the last event. Quite impractical and I'm not into the whole Yeti flaunting. But it's good for this purpose. I'll post the tournament rules in September.

The park site does not list any limit on crowd sizes. If that's the case we will have our Saturday group meal at the largest site. Bring a dish for the meal. Alcohol is not permitted but solo cups are. Be discreet with dispensing. Also they ask that you buy firewood on site. I will have a small amount stashed in my truck for late night purposes if needed. 10PM is quiet time.

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost, mwagner, OKSt, and yadnewyaker like this.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

I will have something for the prize bucket like always. I plan on possibly doing some bank fishing but will not try for a prize from the judge. My fishing skills are seriously lacking these days and the odds of Me catching anything is slim.
    Daze823 likes this.

Old Coot Red X Angler with a in my dreams only Bucket List
    2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14

Count me in for Saturday. It has been too long since I fished with you guys. See you there.
    GreyGhost likes this.

Red X Angler

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    I will have something for the prize bucket like always. I plan on possibly doing some bank fishing but will not try for a prize from the judge. My fishing skills are seriously lacking these days and the odds of Me catching anything is slim.
    There are plenty of fish to catch at the launch site, I’ve caught a few from there myself.. Robin is really looking forward to seeing you and Linda, will you be at the campsites or up on the hill?
    GreyGhost, and h2ohhh like this.

Red X Angler... I am but a padawan.
    Old Town Predator 13

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by Daze823 View Post
    There are plenty of fish to catch at the launch site, Iíve caught a few from there myself.. Robin is really looking forward to seeing you and Linda, will you be at the campsites or up on the hill?
    Up on the hill site 14 beside bathhouse. Plowboy, froggy and blind squirrel will also be on the hill.

Linda is looking forward to seeing you and Robin also.
    Daze823 likes this.

Would anyone going to new river be interested in this rod holder for $20? Figured I’d post it here first, can be used double sided on the ground or taken apart and each half mounted on the wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Old Town Predator 13

Would anyone going to new river be interested in this rod holder for $20? Figured Iíd post it here first, can be used double sided on the ground or taken apart and each half mounted on the wall.
    Yup. I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Yup. I need it.

Ok, itís yours
    h2ohhh likes this.

Old Town Predator 13

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

I no longer have a use for these since I sold my kayaks. Yattack Panfish Pro and and a stubby mount for GoPros. $50 for both retail $125.

Attached Images Attached Images

It's the New River Smallmouth yard sale!

GreyGhost, and lostnwilderness like this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

It's the New River Smallmouth yard sale!

I will have new or next to new lures also for sale also. Time to clean out the wall of fishing items.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

There are plenty of fish to catch at the launch site, Iíve caught a few from there myself.. Robin is really looking forward to seeing you and Linda, will you be at the campsites or up on the hill?
    Going to get up with Dustin about fishing a couple of his lots that John gave me info on. Also looking at extending the camping season up at Dustins campground. To many nice winter days to pass up hanging out by the river. 6 months between meets with friends is a real bummer.
    h2ohhh, and mwagner like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    Going to get up with Dustin about fishing a couple of his lots that John gave me info on. Also looking at extending the camping season up at Dustins campground. To many nice winter days to pass up hanging out by the river. 6 months between meets with friends is a real bummer.
    Like this location?..

Actually I found the entire river left bank from our normal Saturday take out down to Dustin's outpost to be very productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lostnwilderness likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

Like this location?..

Actually I found the entire river left bank from our normal Saturday take out down to Dustin's outpost to be very productive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes your all knowing almighty one of fishing holes on the New.

Looks like I forgot to throw my name in the hat for the New River Meet. My buddy Nick and I would love to join in on the Saturday float. Keeping my fingers crossed for better weather this year!
    GreyGhost likes this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast