Lake Hickory

Thread: Lake Hickory

Default Lake Hickory

Going to try and fish a little bit this weekend. After stripers if I can find them. Been keeping the boat parked at the lake house so I'm itching to go fishing. Going to look for shad this evening and then hopefully head out before light in the morning. Probably up towards dam. That's where I have found the coolest water with hopes of catching and being able to release alive. Any pointers please send my way. Haven't fished on hickory since back in February. Will post a report when I get back in. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Found bait in gunpowder. Going to run the slow ride to the dam in the pontoon. Maybe a last minute bite will be happening.

Edit:wrong lake
    charlotte area dubber-affiliated with the non affiliated

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Went Saturday morning. Didn't make it out before sunup. Caught one smaller stripe up near dam. We went, caught bait, and caught fish. Check for my book any day. Will be out this coming weekend to try for larger fish. Bait seems to be holding in gunpowder. Not real large gizzards but good size thread fins. Good luck to all and keep fishing.

Fished again Saturday morning. Caught bait in gunpowder and headed up to the dam. No luck this weekend. May have to move down below 127 bridge. Anyone else seeing striper anywhere.

We did see one other boat catching bait at daylight. Not sure what direction they went when leaving gunpowder but never saw them up lake.

Will try again soon.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements