Hello, Freshwater!

Thread: Hello, Freshwater!

Default Hello, Freshwater!

Relocating to Hickory from the FL Coast, where I've enjoyed fishing the Gulf of Mexico. I'm selling my current boat, and will be looking for something more lake-appropriate for Lake Hickory and surrounding waters. Hopefully, a 16' to 18' flats boat or skiff will fit the bill for lakes and occasional inshore trips to the coast.

I've fished the Chesapeake for striper in the past, but I'm assuming this is a bit different, and I have lots to learn!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome to the forums from another new guy. I just joined today.

Are you familair with Carolina Skiffs ? I have a friend that has one and it's a nice ride and very fishable.

Blog Entries

Welcome! Im not far from Hickory and fish it a ton! You may still want to look at boats with a vee type hull as the ones can still get rough in the wind and the other boat traffic.

I actually live on Lake Norman and get up to Hickory a good bit for tourneys

Lots of bass boats, center console striper type boats and deep vee aluminums on the water around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    meenyt likes this.

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements