Anyone know a pond I can pay to fish near Greensboro/High Point? Just looking to take my kids

Thread: Anyone know a pond I can pay to fish near Greensboro/High Point? Just looking to take my kids

Default Anyone know a pond I can pay to fish near Greensboro/High Point? Just looking to take my kids

Hey everyone, looking for a place I can take my kids fishing and help them learn how to fish. I am willing to pay to use it...I don't mind that at all. Just don't like bank fishing at lakes and sometimes we just don't have time to take the boat out. I've even gone to the point of looking to sell our house and buy some property with a pond on it, but I can't even find that. Thank you for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Look up Woods Lake and The Bobber Shop in High Point/ Archdale

Download and install the Fishbrain app on your phone. A premium subscription will cost you $10/mo, but is worth every penny for all of the new spots and info you will get from the app. I use it to scout new locations and target specific species when I am on the hunt. You should try looking for neighborhood ponds with good posts of bream, bass, and catfish. I usually take my young son to catch bream using bits of red worm on a size 6-8 hook under a small bobber, or rig up a ned rig for him if there is a healthy population of small bass in the pond. For channel catfish, nightcrawlers or livers on a fishfinder rig with a treble hook are hard to beat. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ok thank you. If anyone has a pond on their property or know someone with a private pond, will you send me a pm? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clemsondds View Post
    Hey everyone, looking for a place I can take my kids fishing and help them learn how to fish. I am willing to pay to use it...I don't mind that at all. Just don't like bank fishing at lakes and sometimes we just don't have time to take the boat out. I've even gone to the point of looking to sell our house and buy some property with a pond on it, but I can't even find that. Thank you for your help!
    Some of the Greensboro city lakes have piers and rent boats/motors. Also, some of the parks have ponds/lakes that can be fished (Hagan Stone Park, Oka Hester Park, Haw River State Park, others).

City Lake in Jamestown rents boats and trolling motors. Also, have canoes and paddle boats if you are interested.
    jerry condrey likes this.

Tight lines,
    Andrew

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements