NC Angler Forums banner

Belews Lake Fishing report???

Lake 
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  PontoonMike 
#1 ·
Hello, Everyone. I am fishing a tournament this weekend at Belews and have never fished this lake before. Anyone have any tips or tricks for this lake? I’ve read that it is a pretty tough lake to fish and could be hit or miss. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Not sure if you meant this weekend meaning today, but if you meant next weekend, there are a number of posts on Belews from over the years. Run a search and sift through some of them. I have put up a lot of posts and comments in other people's posts when I lived up there.

Biggest tip is find the bait, find the bass. It's a quirky lake, takes time to learn but can have some fast-paced fishing in certain situations.

#3 ·
I wish there all the time and it feels like I'm constantly relearning the lake. Right now the fish are definitely after the shad. If you can find the shad, which isnt easy, you typically find the fish. I was there from 3-6 and caught 4 bass which 3 were right at the end of the day with top water.

#4 ·
October has been pretty good for Belews....the water temp has been higher than the air temp on many days, especially early October. It's starting to come down now. But anyways I've had good luck down near the 158 bridge on crankbaits and talked to another fellow who said he was tearing up the spots but trying to catch crappie.

I've seen a lot of crappie fisherman out trolling/tight lining too.

Caught these about 2 weeks ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.