Closest Salt H20 launch from Raleigh

Thread: Closest Salt H20 launch from Raleigh

Default Closest Salt H20 launch from Raleigh

Was thinking about heading down to Dawson Creek launch on Friday and maybe looking for the Bull Reds or chasing some Specks. But it is quite the drive for a down and back from Raleigh. I don't really want to fish that area by myself and can't get any friends to go. What is the closest location to get to from Raleigh to fish for Speckled Trout this time of the year?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You can go to Belhaven. There is a launch there behind the Fire Dept. Very well could be some specks in Pantego Creek

Or you could launch at Quarterdeck Marina in Bath...lot’s of specks in the Pamlico River creeks. Another choice would be Potter’s Marina in North Creek, about 9 miles beyond Bath...highway 92/99, right on Kelly Road, and on to the end of the road. Plenty of parking there...Quarterdeck gets pretty jammed on the weekends.
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

I live in Cary and Wilmington is the closest to drive that I've found since it's a straight shot down 40.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Training for retirement since 1983

You've got a whole swath of equidistant salty launches from there - that is also the case for me going from clayton. If it were me I'd go for one of the lower rivers and creek fish so as not to have to mess with fighting current by myself. Take some of the work out of it. Good luck!

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements