Plenty of time for PB

Thread: Plenty of time for PB

Default Plenty of time for PB

I got down to Marshallberg to kayak fish the weekend. The power had been off and when I reset the clock I set it an hour ahead in error. I got up in the morning at what I thought was 6:15am knowing sunrise was 7:15am. It was cloudy but I assumed twilight was within 15 minutes when I launched my kayak. Making it more interesting I was had to paddle the marsh 2 miles to fish a new spot. Cedar Island area at that time is dark, quiet and remote. I was wondering what the heck was going on with the sunrise. Conditions were calm. 1.5hr later I could see more than siloets. Fishing a trout rig a gulp shrimp on one hook and a fresh piece of shrimp on the other I quickly caught a 15" trout. I conti ued to worked the points and cuts with little success. I was trolling a poppin cork which took off and provided me with a 22" red. Then the puppy drum bite took over catching 20 or more. I had one double red bite on the trout rig, one puppy and a big boy. A great fight but the big one broke his jig off. After a few hours, on the way in working a cut with a gulp shrimp I had what I thought was a slot red, but after a great fight pulled in a 25" flounder, my PB. It wasn't the best fishing day, but it was very worthy. Looking forward to my next outing.
    Chris52 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice tale. Bet double hookup of reds was fun!

Nice report. Fishing is good out there. Where did you put in?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements