If you like to catch catfish, now is a great time.

Thread: If you like to catch catfish, now is a great time.

Default If you like to catch catfish, now is a great time.

If there are any catfish folks out there, the water temps are down around 70F and the bite has been real good lately. The last two trips I made up to Kerr last Thursday and this Tuesday netted 38 blue cats. Haven't run across any monsters in a month or more but there's still plenty of fun size cats biting to make for an enjoyable day.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by G8rYakr View Post
    If there are any catfish folks out there, the water temps are down around 70F and the bite has been real good lately. The last two trips I made up to Kerr last Thursday and this Tuesday netted 38 blue cats. Haven't run across any monsters in a month or more but there's still plenty of fun size cats biting to make for an enjoyable day.
    Thinking about hitting the Neuse again. Wondering if the night bite is still good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    G8rYakr likes this.

Hit the tar river last week and only caught a blackfish. Then again, I only fished for little over an hour
    G8rYakr likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by roostertail24 View Post
    Thinking about hitting the Neuse again. Wondering if the night bite is still good.

Wish I could answer that for you but I haven't fished at night since the temps started dropping. One of the last times I did back in August, my buddy caught a 56lb flathead then I caught a 30lb blue later the same morning.

Caught my PR in the Neuse July 8 and then caught what I believe to be the same fish the next night! Hard to measure on on 28.5 inch wide kayak but it was 47 to 48 inches

G8rYakr, and panfish jack like this.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements