Inshore What Color

Thread: What Color

Default What Color

Im getting on in years and my eyes are not as sharp theses days. I would like to use a colored braid to see it better, but i dont want to spook the fish.I fish piers and inshore for Trout,Flounder,Reds,Blackdrum. What would be a good color of braid.
    It is not enough that a man should toil and provide but that he have the pleasure of fishing with a friend.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't think any color of braid blends well with water and I've fished every color of it from red, brown, yellow, green, blue, etc and never seen any difference in the bites I get. Based on that, I'd get whatever color you can see the best. I do fish with a 3' fluorocarbon leader though, so if your fishing straight braid, you may find the color of braid makes some difference.
    drjon, Feetup1, ice cream man, and sirray like this.

I would think that as long as you tie a leader you will never see a difference.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just wait for the thump !!!and set tha hook

Thanks guys.I do use a flurocarbon leader. im going to spool her up with yellow. Glacoma comming on slowly.
    drjon, and sirray like this.

It is not enough that a man should toil and provide but that he have the pleasure of fishing with a friend.

Yellow...yellow....yelllow
    crabman00, drjon, and ice cream man like this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Thanks for asking this question. I'm not there yet, but my eyeball doc says I will be in the not too distant future. Its good to have the input from the other Anglers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dn.liner View Post
    Im getting on in years and my eyes are not as sharp theses days. I would like to use a colored braid to see it better, but i dont want to spook the fish.I fish piers and inshore for Trout,Flounder,Reds,Blackdrum. What would be a good color of braid.

I use yellow or pink, both are easy on the eyes. Save yourself some money and use mono leader, fish don’t see the difference.

I agree with others; unless the water is SUPER clear, I don’t think it makes too big a difference. I fish ONLY braid...on everything and for everything...salt and fresh. There really hasn’t been a massive change in bites. I do however tie on a leader if I can see 1-2 feet into the water. It may be a mental thing for me, but there has been times with1-2 ft visibility with straight braid I wasn’t getting bites. Grab a braid with leader set up....get bites. I’ll never know know if those bites would have happened regardless.

Old yeller.

Dark colors are really hard to see especially if it gets tangled up...almost impossible for me to see. I just grab the light saber and cut the line and re tie. I have blue on about all my reels, except for a couple. My buddy has yellow on everything, but he is a couple years older than me....
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Pelt View Post
    Just wait for the thump !!!and set tha hook
    that's it?, no **** wonder I never catch anything!

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements