Default Favorite Speckled Trout Lures

Almost forgot one of my favorites.. Rapala Subwalk

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Default Favorite Trout Lures

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hobbs View Post
    Lost link I will refind
    Scott: While you're looking, I'm not all that interested in what some outdoor writer says about his favorite trout lures. On the other hand, I'm very interested in what yours are, or ICM, or Trigger, or Mr. Curtis....

For me:
    Topwater:
    1. Spook Jr
    2. Ima Skimmer
    3.Tie: Rapala Skitterwalk / Lucky Craft Sammy

Subsurface Plugs:
    1. Yozuri 3D Inshore Twitchbait.
    2. Sebile Stick Shad
    3. Strike King KVD suspending Jerkbait. (Lucky Craft Pointer or Megabass Vision are superior, but because of their cost I'll only use them in areas where there is almost no chance of a hangup).
    Honorable Mention: Mirrolure MR17 because sometimes it's the only thing that will work.

Plastics:
    1. ZMan scented curly tail Z
    2. Billy Bay Halo Shad
    3. Zoom or Zman Fluke

But my all time favorite lure of all is what I see the guy catching 'em on in the boat next to mine.
    Feetup1 likes this.

Blog Entries

If I’m going trout fishing and can only bring five baits with me I’m bringing a Mirrolure 17mr, Yozuri 70sp 3ds minnow, DOA Shrimp with cork, luck craft pointer 78, and a 13 fishing dual pitch 94 (topwater bait).

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Trigger....your list is very similar to mine except I would also add the Rapala Twitchin Rap.

This thread is going to cost me a small fortune...

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Feetup1 likes this.

"...the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations... I have really good days." - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by heelwithnoname View Post
    This thread is going to cost me a small fortune...
    Tell me about it.

A little back-story. I'm originally from the Holden Beach area. Grew up about 4 miles from the ocean (as the crow flies) and about 3 minutes from a boat ramp on the Shallotte River. But despite that, I never cared for salt-water fishing. I was always about hunting for bass in little farm ponds.

Fast forward 25 years later, and I've moved away from the beach for, like, forever, and my cousin has switched to salt-water fishing in the intervening years. So a few weeks ago he calls and says "come down to visit the week of Thanksgiving and we'll take my boat out on the Shallotte River and fish for Red Drum, Specks, Flounder, etc."

So... being the brain surgeon I am, I decide "Hey, I should run to Bass Pro Shops and pick up a few salt-water lures and stuff."

I probably don't need to tell anybody how that worked out. Let's just say that if I was married, I'd probably be divorced by now. It's pretty much impossible to go buy "just a few new lures".

This thread isn't helping, because now I'm thinking "oooh, I didn't think to grab one of those" about even more stuff. Thanks guys!

Blog Entries

If you guys need more ideas on what to spend your money on that might catch a speckled trout I can list another 50 “must have” lures for you
    mindcrime likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by trigger22 View Post
    If you guys need more ideas on what to spend your money on that might catch a speckled trout I can list another 50 “must have” lures for you
    Dear God, no... please.

Quote Originally Posted by trigger22 View Post
    I can recommend a few more as well.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tackledump.jpg‎ 
Views:	306 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	198207  

"Half what I want and twice what I need."

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    "...the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations... I have really good days." - Ray Wylie Hubbard

My truck looks like a ride about tackle store. It did not help when for 4 years i worked in a tackle shop.. EZ Bait and Tackle in Goldsboro. So i have had help picking out tackle. I got to where I bought in 3, one for me, one for me if i lost mine and one for the other person in the boat when they started crying that they did not have that one...

I love a good topwater bite, but my shoulders now days cannot take walking the dog... however, the 10MR Topprop makes up for that. It is a Mirrolure that has a prop on each end of the lure simular to a Devils Horse, just shorter and fatter. Works great with short twitches. I like the 808 color, black top and orange belly.

Mirrolures, can you have to many, no such animal. I have a treasure trove in assorted colors. Seems like everytime you turn around someone is making a new custom color 17MR, so if you do not have it, its ok. We usually start the day with different colors to see if we can start tuning in the color and lure for the day. Top picks for colors are 808, Electric Chicken or MG (Madi Gras) or Hot Olive.

Rapala XRap 08, in Hot Pink or Ghost colors for me. I keep one of these tied on all the time.
    Rapala Twitching Rap or Mullet... same colors a Mirrolure colors.

DOA Jerk Shad... Hot Pink, Glow Holographic or Glow Gold...one is always on another rod.
    DOA 2.75 Shrimp in Glow Gold

Storm Shrimp in clear holographic dyed, you guessed it Hot Pink or Chartreuse. This I cast or may have it under a popping cork. I usually have one of these tied on also.

Yozuri 70 in white or Black back gold body and orange belly.

Billy Bay Halo Shad... blue tiger or pink..

You need to be able to cover the water column from the top to the bottom. Also need to be able to fish in areas where the current is almost non existent to places it is ripping by using heavier weighted lures.
    Feetup1 likes this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Think all you "tackle hoes" need an intervention, a group therapy of some kind........LOL
    Happy Thanksgivings.......ICM
    Woffski likes this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream man View Post
    Think all you "tackle hoes" need an intervention, a group therapy of some kind........LOL
    Happy Thanksgivings.......ICM

we'd end up bulk ordering to save $$ haha
    ice cream man likes this.

Training for retirement since 1983

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sporkd2 View Post
    we'd end up bulk ordering to save $$ haha
    I already bulk order, trust me there aren’t any savings
    ice cream man likes this.

X-Raps. #8's for the creeks, #10 for the greener water. Pink, White, Marilyn, Clown colors
    ghmason
    Matt. 4:19

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast