Lake Jordan Lake - 12/23,26,27

Thread: Jordan Lake - 12/23,26,27

Default Jordan Lake - 12/23,26,27

Fished Jordan Lake solo on 12/23 around the 64 bridge. I hadnít been able to get out on the water since late October because of a busy work schedule, so I was glad to finally just get out of the house for a few hours. The fish gods did not disappoint.

There were a handful of boats out there, but no was was really slinging them in hand over fist. I know that most people tight line in the winter, but I prefer to bottom fish with a double drop rig and as light a weight as possible, usually a 3/8 oz teardrop sinker with a swivel on my ultralight.

The bites were fairly steady... I had 5 keepers over about 3 hours, with a mixed bag of crappie, white perch, 1-2 white bass, and even a surprise 16Ē striper in the mix (I was hoping for a giant slab crappie, but oh well...) In the last 30 minutes, I found a school of crappie and added another 5 keepers to the stringer, making it one of my best outings at Jordan in quite some time.

Went back and fished Saturday and Sunday, after the cold front came through. Although I was still marking fish (they are holding very tight to the bottom), the bite dropped off significantly, and they were harder to catch. Caught mixed bags both days, but had a harder time finding keeper sized crappie. Also managed several more stripers, which I had never caught out of Jordan prior to this week. I hope thatís a good sign that their populations are rebounding.

Tight lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wow! Now that's a fishing trip! Makes me want to hit the water!

Nice trip, thanks for sharing.
    Tight lines,
    Andrew

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Way to,go it’s about time for me to start some crappie fishing from the banks
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements