Where do you fish most? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Where do you catch the most fish?

Voters
290. You may not vote on this poll
  • Saltwater-Ocean

53 18.28%
  • Inshore-Sounds

79 27.24%
  • Rivers

40 13.79%
  • Lakes

74 25.52%
  • Mountain Streams

9 3.10%
  • Ponds

25 8.62%
  • Fish market

10 3.45%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you fish most?

Default Re: Where do you fish most?

In order of preference:

Kerr Lake
    Falls Lake
    Wake Forest Reservoir

Need to try Jordan more often to get comfortable with it and try to locate the ramps on Gaston and Roanoke Rapids in case the drought keeps up
    Tom Kat likes this.

Shem if all else fails you can make the 1.5 hr haul down this way. We kept some water this year because of the backflow from the sound. Brackish holds bass, cats,stripers,flounder,specks all in the same general areas..
    Tom Kat likes this.

* Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws *
    RED X ANGLER* * MEMBER OF THE JON BOAT BASS CLUB OF NC * ARDENT REELS PROSTAFF REEL IT IN BAITS PRO STAFF 1st Tournament win 2/20/16 at Hyco lake 13lb 14.8oz 5 fish.

hey guys
    still looking for volunteers for our teach a kid to fish clinics at high point city lake on april 12 and may 10.anyone who would like to participate in a truly rewarding experience,e mail me at [email protected] help would be appreciated,plus you'll get a t shirt and all the pizza youcan stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jerry
    ps smallmouth rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NCangler, and Tom Kat like this.

QUEENS CREEK 98% OF THE TIME NEW RIVER AND WHITE OAK THE REST
    Tom Kat likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

JERRY,
    NICE TALKIN WITH YA AND DEFINETLY COUNT ME IN
    Tom Kat likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

I placed the X in river, mainly because its right across the road from the house. The North East Cape Fear river to be exact. I fish for catfish, bowfin and in the early spring when the waters settle down I fish for redbelly bream.

Beetle spins, lightweight rods and redbellies go hand in hand on the NE. While casting you never know what you might catch, bream, bass, catfish, bowfin, crappie, yellow perch or shad or striper. Any freshwater type fish might hit at any cast.

Have pulled a few bass out on beetle spins in the 8 pound range, heck of a fight.

I also do right much up the New River around Jacksonville. Being retired military I can use the boat ramps on base. That makes it easy for me to put in and only do minimual riding to get to the fishing hole that I want to try that day. Trout, flounder and reds are abundant here also.

Salwater I usually go to Topsail and Queens Creek for a varitety of fish, reds, flounder, trout, pompano or what ever is hottest at the moment. I believe in giving them all a chance in being put in some hot grease or the grill.

Even gonna give the outside Macks a chance this year.

tight lines <*-)))))>{
    NCPIERMAN, and Tom Kat like this.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Born in New Bern, as a boy, I walked the rivershore at night "gigging" flounder. During the summer or when I skipped school, I would catch crabs from a nearby pier using the chicken neck method. The family had a summer home in Atlantic, NC. Dad & I would pull a small shrimp trawl and set nets for spots. Drifting for flounder in Drum Inlet was always a good bite. As long as the "Greenheads" weren't biting, clamming was always a good way to pass the time on a summer afternoon. Six years ago, I moved to Wilmington and have fished the local waters here. There is a lot or water between Virginia and South Carolina. At 52, I haven't even begun to explore it.

B.G.
    Last edited by Great White; 03-02-2008 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Punctuation
    Tom Kat likes this.

Blog Entries

Great White - except for the location and the shrimp trawl, sounds like we grew up the same way and about the same time. I grew up in Jacksonville, gigging on the New River and fishing/clamming/crabbing at Salter Path or West Onslow Beach (Now known as North Topsail Beach). I live and fish out of Hampstead now.

Tom Kat likes this.

i do most of my fishing on the neuse river in kinston ,so far this year has been greaaat. lots of blues&flats .has been a blast
    sundrop, and Tom Kat like this.

Wink Re: Where do you fish most?

in the rivers of n.c. but i do go in brack waters and lakes so i love fishing lol

I like to stroll down to Jordan, and sometimes I'll go to Badin...

I live about 40 minutes from both, give or take a minute...

I like trying my hand on the stripers, LMB, and crappie, and bluechannel cats....

I must say that this time of year its in my lazyboy ..hiring it out to Time-Warner,,Direct-TV,,ESPN,,VS,,Bill Dance and City Limit Fishing (I like the way that guy howls on a hookup ).When I have to get out of my bunker its Oak Island,,North Topsail Island,,Atlantic Beach and Outer Banks Piers.My dream trip is to shoot jumping Carp from a boat with handguns for money..

Talking Re: Where do you fish most?

in the water.......... lol
    Thinman likes this.

I picked "Rivers" since there isn't a "Creeks" option and I don't live in the mountains. So far, lately, I've been fishing in either New Hope Creek or Little Creek.

I have been blessed for the past 20 years to have permission to fish 4 private ponds, 2 within walking distance of my home w/ kayak portage, here in rural Hoke Co.. I have pretty much caught every variety of fish there is to catch here in the Sandhills, with a lot of Personal Bests.... I stray once or twice a year to Harris or Jordan, but like a good woman, when you got what you need at home, why go anywhere else???
    mindcrime likes this.

P-nut

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast