Annual FAAN Camping Trip - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Annual FAAN Camping Trip

Default Re: Annual FAAN Camping Trip

Quote Originally Posted by 07_hemi_thunderroad View Post
    hey guys i have never been down to fort fisher, does anyone know the address i should put in the GPS system so i can find my why there?
    Same here. Never been, so I'm putting my faith in TomTom.

In other news, I had a nasty bout with a toothache this weekend, so I had to take today off to go to the dentist. So there's a good chance I won't be coming down until Friday. At best, I might be able to get down there midday Friday, if I can make up the hours between now and then.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The way I go from Fayetteville is straight down 87 to 74/76 take a left onto 74,take that until you go across the Draw Bridge in Wilmington, then turn left on 421 follow the signs to Carolina Beach / Ft fisher. You cant miss it, it has a big sign at the entrance. Then just follow that road in all the way to the Huey turn right and the road ends at the tent camp.
    FAAN, Always choosing the lesser of two evils .....is still choosing evil.......:Jerry Garcia

Hey snagg i am going to be leaving fort bragg around 3pm! let me know if you want to car pool up there!
    2014 Native Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick
    Wicked Catch Pro Staff

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i am going to try to find the tub of gulp shrimp that has some of the ghost shrimp in it!
    I went by AK's today while I was playing hookie from work. Didn't see any ghost shrimps; in fact, they're selection of saltwater Gulp in general seemed a bit limited.

There is a small tackle shop just before you hit Ft Fisher. Easy to run back to if you need something. It is a small store but have
    right much fishing tackle and such.

<*)))))>{
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

The True Value Hardware and Tackle shop in Carolina Beach has a good selection of tackle, and everything else for that matter.
    FAAN, Always choosing the lesser of two evils .....is still choosing evil.......:Jerry Garcia

The only thing I really need that I haven't been able to get my hands on is a lip gripper. So I'll either have to wing it, or get an el cheapo at Gander or something. Most everything else, I think I can manage

You do not really need lip grippers a net or your hand work just fine.

So far nothing has come up yet so as long as it stays that was I will fish with you all. I would like to launch at about 6 630 preferably just be for first light.
    Heroes on the Water
    Cape Fear Chapter Coordinator

Oh yeah, forgot to mention - while I was at the dentist today, I mentioned that he had to fix me up so I wouldn't miss this fishing trip. As it turns out, he's a pretty avid saltwater angler. He said that the flounder are running real good out there. He also mentioned a king mack tourney going on in Southport. While that may not directly affect us, he said there could be increased boat traffic.

Hey Chris -Your dentist wouldn't happen to be Mark Pike.

Quote Originally Posted by backlash View Post
    Hey Chris -Your dentist wouldn't happen to be Mark Pike.
    Nope. Donald Johnson out in Raeford. He's always done me right, and now that I know he's an angler, that makes him even better

Well i have some ****** news! when i got home today my outside AC unit was not working and it felt like a sauna in my house! we have someone head out to look at it on Wednesday and i hope it does not cost us alot! i really don't wont to miss this trip because of an AC issue at home!
    2014 Native Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick
    Wicked Catch Pro Staff

Well i have some ****** news! when i got home today my outside AC unit was not working and it felt like a sauna in my house! we have someone head out to look at it on Wednesday and i hope it does not cost us alot! i really don't wont to miss this trip because of an AC issue at home!
    That bites. Let me know what I can do to help. I can't fix your AC or pay for it, but I'll do what I can to help.

Dude that sucks... When ours went out we called Grooms they had the best prices of everyone in Fayetteville. Check with them before you spend any money. They were about half the price because they don't do a lot of advertising.

Sounds like a compressor problem.....Not good. But on the bright side...it will be cool in the day time and 50's at night.

May only need more Freon...if not a compressor is about 7-900 dollars depending on how big ie...how many tons..3-4-5??

<*)))))>{
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast