RED X Hey Guys

Thread: Hey Guys

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

Default Hey Guys

I just wanted to check in and say hey, it's been quite some time since I've been able to get on here. Counting the weekend before and this past weekend I worked around 100 hours this past week. Had 3 18 plus hour days and lots of 12-16 hour days so it's been rough getting on and keeping up with things. I am sorry I missed the meet and greet, but again work has been insane lately. As far as fishing I have been out a few times and caught fish everytime. I found some lighted docks in Beaufort and they have been holding slot drum and BIG croaker. I think the 3 nights I've gotten out this past week in total I personally caught 12 drum, 4 of which came on the fly rod to include a 25 inch hoss that left me beggin for a bigger rod. I am already using an 8 wt and it wanted no part of that fish around all of those docks, however I landed it safely and got it back in the water to fight another day. I only got to use the fly rod on 1 of the 3 trips due to having multiple people in the boat. All together for the boat in 3 trips we were upwards of 25-30 drum and at least 75 great big croakers (10-14 inches) Most of the drum came on live shrimp with the exception of mine which all but 3 came on artificials including the flies and Rapala Skitter walks. The fishing has been hot when I can get out there. Hopefully things will slow down at work and I can get out there during the daylight, however the night bite has been hot.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Default Re: Hey Guys

10-4 Trigger....sound like you are getting into a little action....

Maybe time for a 9wt with 10wt line....
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

10-4 trigger, sorry to hear about that heavy work load but glad to hear you were able to find some fish! i still don't think we have met in person, but maybe i'll have to take a trip down there to beaufort soon and let you put me on some fish!
    RED X ANGLERS: More than a passion, it's an obsession
    Sea Pro 206CC with Yamaha F150TRX: SOLD!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

trigger good to ciya catchin some fish. I got some goodies for ya when we get a chance to meet up. I may be in Morehead this weekend.
    I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
    William Shakespeare

Way to go trigger, I would like to get to gether for a fishing trip. Now you need to tie your flies!
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Blog Entries

Good deal on the drum. You been fishing in the River & its creeks or on the other side in the ICW area?

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

10-4 Scott, a 25 inch drum on the stick and string was a feat for sure, but I'm definately ready for more. Chris, just say when and I'm ready as long as I'm not working. It might have to be a night trip the way things have been lately though.

IM, let me know if you make it to Morehead and I'll meet up with you, if not I will get you a check in the mail.

Allen, I'm ready as soon as work slacks off. I havent been back in Slocum in a while but the stripers should be there, and I know the drum are. As soon as I see the light at the end of the tunnel and some time off I'll let you know.

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

TA, almost all of my fish have came from Taylors Creek around the lighted docks. I originally set out after some specks only to discover they werent there very thick just yet, but I'll take a red over a trout any day of the week. I am not brave enough to navigate the rivers of that area at night, I have had enough trouble in the day time trying to run the Newport or North River to do it at night.
    Topsail Angler likes this.

Tony... Way to go buddy... I bet that red on the long rod was a blast. You got me jealous now.....lol..!!! I still haven't got a red on the fly yet. What kind of fly & what colors were you using.
    EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

Eddie, man I tell ya they are a blast for sure. All of them came on a white wooley booger that Scott tied up. I already had it on the fly rod from when I was home on leave and fishing with it and the spot I was fishing has underwater lights and you can see the fish and I was watching them chase little 2-3 inch minnows around and figured it'd match the hatch perfectly. Casted out there and on the first cast watched it swim up and take my fly. Repeated this untill the school went deep and I couldnt get the fly down to them any longer and switched over to spinning tackle.
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

way to get into them tony sounds like a blast for sure and nice drum on the fly bro
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Got to hook up with ya & try that night fishing. Let's try to do it soon. Let me know when you want to go & we'll try to set something up.
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

10-4 Eddie, sounds great I'll let ya know. Hopefully the water cools off a bit and the specks start pourin in chasing all the bait that's in the area. Havent been very many specks around the lighted docks that I know of. A few being caught here and there. I want a speck on the fly rod now...

Just let me know when tony
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Trigger, Glad to hear you are getting some fishing time in but sure hate to hear about all the work hours. I'm not sure what kind of work you do but don't burn yourself out. You can work to much and it can put you flat of your back. Been there and done that before. Take care and hope you continue to get some good fishing in now and then.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements