Welcome to our Fishing and Faith forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our Fishing and Faith forum

Blog Entries

Default Welcome to our Fishing and Faith forum

I really enjoy knowing that Jesus Christ went fishing and spent time with men who made their living on the water. And we know from the scriptures that Jesus knew how to cook fish and He was pretty good at stretching a meal of fish to feed a lot of people. I have often envisioned Jesus at the seashore looking out at His creation and thought that He must have been overwhelmed with the beauty of it at times like I am. There is an amazing calm that comes from watching a sunrise on the beach and comtemplating the faithfulness of He who commands the waves and the wind.

I have spent a lot of my free time the past couple years developing NCangler.com as a place for North Carolina Anglers to meet and share fishing tips and information, no matter what kind of fishing we like to participate in. As our theme says, "From the mountains to the coast, NCangler.com is your online guide to fishing in North Carolina." That has been my goal. To create a place for anglers to meet online and through our shared collaboration to keep fishing as a part of our culture and as a resource for our kids and grandkids. I think we're off to a great start because of the participation of so many great North Carolina Anglers that have already joined us here.

Fishing is one of the things that I love to do most in my life when I have time. But it is not the love of my life. That would be my family and my faith in God. I thought it would be nice to have a forum where anglers of faith could share their testimonies of God's blessing and faithfulness in their lives and give Him credit for this amazing creation that He has given us that we enjoy.

I have been a believer in Jesus Christ since December 1st, 1973. I am NOT perfect and don't especially like hanging around people who think they are. And I am a little impatient with folks that get in your face with their religious beliefs, so that is not what this forum is about. This is just a forum to give thanks to God for the great things He has given us in life.

Someone once told me that they were simply "one beggar showing another beggar where he found bread." That is the way I feel about sharing my faith. If I know where to find the "Bread of Life" (John 6:35, 48) and don't share that, then what is my faith really worth? If you haven't given Him a chance in your life I challenge you do to so. If you have, then take a moment to encourage others with a post about your faith and how you see God in His creation. As author C.S. Lewis once said:
    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
    I'll post a thread soon about how to know God in a personal way and I'll probably drop in some great quotes occasionally in this forum as well. Here are some cogent statements from the great preacher G.K. Chesterton:
    "When people stop believing in God, they don't believe in nothing -- they believe in anything."
    "The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people."
    "The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and left untried."
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Excellent! Thank-you for creating this forum and for sharing your faith Randy.

I too praise God for the wonderful creation he shares with us. I also praise and give thanks that when he put us here, he didn't abandon us but even now, his presence is with us if only we will call out to him.

May each of you be blessed by His presence!

banjo, captainbutch, MOFISH, and NCangler like this.

Not sure what else to say besides "Amen Brothers!"
    MOFISH, and NCangler like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Randy--- I admire you for sharing your convictions. I was reared in a cotton mill village where the church and the mill were the focal points of our lives. The early portion of my childhood was before TV and we had an am radio that received two stations clearly sometimes. I often reflect on this peroid and have concluded that I gained more than I missed out on. Besides, I cannot watch sunrises over Portsmouth Island without having spiritual feelings of higher powers.

Later, Forrest
    MOFISH, and NCangler like this.

MY GOOD WIFE'S PHILOSOPHY ON FISHING----NOTHING TO IT----JUST FIND A HUNGRY FISH--

to be a good angler it takes determination,confidence,motovation,and a butt load of money.. a good casting arm also helps..

but faith in your self and you ablity comes from the lord all mighty him self.. you have to have the faith to look deep inside one being to find the answer..

in fishing i find that i alot of time to think..i have found many answers while fishing..

zooker
    macdougallusaf likes this.

member of the yadkin chain gang.. god bless latino woman

Default Re: Welcome to our Fishing and Faith forum

Quote Originally Posted by zooker View Post
    to be a good angler it takes determination,confidence,motovation,and a butt load of money.. a good casting arm also helps..

but faith in your self and you ablity comes from the lord all mighty him self.. you have to have the faith to look deep inside one being to find the answer..

in fishing i find that i alot of time to think..i have found many answers while fishing..

zooker
    Randy:

I just wanted to tell you what a great web site this is. I'm not a computer guy at all, and computers are not my thing! But fishing is, so I knew there was something special about this site from the first time I logged on. Thank you for your boldness! I really enjoy all the areas of this site. This just adds icing on the cake! Just so you know where Jon stands. God, family, church family, country and of course, fishing! I look foreward to reading future articles. Again, great job!

Jon M
    Fish4Him
    hholland, Hookeye, and NCangler like this.

Blog Entries

Thanks Jon. Glad you found the site. I like your priorities brother!
    Quote Originally Posted by JON MCEWEN View Post
    Randy:
    I just wanted to tell you what a great web site this is. I'm not a computer guy at all, and computers are not my thing! But fishing is, so I knew there was something special about this site from the first time I logged on. Thank you for your boldness! I really enjoy all the areas of this site. This just adds icing on the cake! Just so you know where Jon stands. God, family, church family, country and of course, fishing! I look foreward to reading future articals. Again, great job!
    Jon M
    Fish4Him

Outstanding Randy a man of his own convictions. You have prabably also realized that you do not stand alone. I'm a part Indian and was brought up to believe in the great spirit and our forefathers. As I ventured out into life on my own I began to believe and assess that the creator, great spirit, and Christ were all one in the same. It all came down to terminology as I saw it. However I did run into a few people that said they did not believe but I found it profound that when the DooDo hit the fan these so called non believers were the first to say God help me through this.
    Yes I believe because if it wasn't for Him giving me a helping hand I would not be here today.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to our Fishing and Faith forum

Luremaker, thank you for sharing your faith brother! Isn't it amazing that God would reveal Himself to different people of different cultures, in different places, through His creation, and in the fullness of time bring understanding to each of those cultures of who He is in Christ?
    For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. - Romans 1:20 - the Bible

Hi all, I copied and pasted this from my web site,it has been there since the beginning of "YEAH RIGHT CHARTERS" because, to me, this says it all. This is the basis for the success of our charter company. For without GOD, nothing I've done would have been possible. So, if things are not going your way and you have tried and tried and you still fail, what have you got to lose, turn it over to GOD and believe in him and see his miracles unfold right in front of you. It may not be the answer you wanted, but, it will be what will work and what's best for you. Nothing else has worked? Try it, you can't lose!!!!!!!!

MARK 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them said: With men it is impossible, but not with God, for with God all things are possible
    NCangler likes this.

ghost

i'll be checking in time to time...thanks

Glad to see you here!!! WELCOME from NC!!!!!!!!!
    Capt Butch Foster
    grandpaa likes this.

Thanks ncangler GOD bless you all!
    NCangler likes this.

It looks as if this thread was started a long time ago. Ever how it did it is a very good one. Glad to see a faith based site as this one. I enjoy it just about every day. God is truly the one that can lead the way. Great forum and great people. Thank you.
    banjo, and NCangler like this.

RED X ANGLER THE SECRET TO FISHING, FISH WHERE THE FISH ARE.

I am as happy as tick on a dogs back at seeing people stand up for Christ. So many times I get down and just feel depressed I guess. Take one of the kids fishing and sit on the river and just let it all drift away.m Every time we go out, fishing or hunting we have a prayer, just to thank God for the chance to be out and also to bless the others around us. I teach a youth group at Dawson Baptist Church outside Scotland Neck, I have given this site address to all of them . God bless you all.
    banjo, Jeffonc, and NCangler like this.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast