NC Angler Forums banner

TFF Fall\Winter Fly Tying Meeting

Tying 
6K views 53 replies 10 participants last post by  Island Man 
#1 ·
Hello y'all, We are getting together for the fall \ winter meeting of the Flingers Fly Tying Group !! We are going to have it in Kinston again and we are planning on having a good size pot of Chlli cooked by Tarheel and Yakattack. We will have some great local tyers ! Please all that are interested in attending please post on here or PM me and let us know how many are coming. We have to know how much Chilli to cook . If you find out you can't come after signing up please let us know.
DATE...NOV. 11th
Location ...Perry's Farm . Time 6:30. If you have a specific fly you want to be tied , let us know and we will give it a shot.
I will get an address and post it on here soon for those who have GPS.

NO FEES OR CHARGES ....JUST FUN....COME ON DOWN!!!!!!

#13 ·
Just an idea fellas, would you like to have a big pot of dry lima beans with chunks of itiallian sausage in it and some rotel seanoned tomatoes with green chilies. It's really good & still has a little kick to it like chili does or do ou prefer the chili. I thing thff is gonna cook some brunswick stew as well. Let us know what you would prefer. We like to keep it simple as we can. Thanks for your suggestions. Those attending can bring some drinks and ice, maybe some kind of chips or whatever..depending on what you guys decide you want to have.

#14 ·
hey Eddie the Lima beans sound good. I am going to be there for the meeting. I will probably stay the night in town and come back the next day. Might do some fishing both days , any chance you or Allen are off either of those. Would like to try the stripers. Also I am bringing a couple of flip flops want to get you to show me how you do the flip flop flys. Going to also try to get some finger nails and have Allen coach me through a nail fly. If it is ok with yall. Looking forward to seeing yall again.

Eddie

#18 ·
Either way, Allen if you can go that would be great , hear they have been catching them by the rail road trestle. If y'all cant go those days its ok we can get together another time.
Let me know if you need me to bring any thing , planning on bringing a 12 of Pepsi or Dr Pepper.

#20 ·
Dennis, if i fix the dry limas with the sausage & the rotel...i won't fix chili. It will be one or the other. The limas are good as well as the chili. I just need a vote on who wants chili or limas with sausage. Allen is cooking brunswick stew as well.

#25 ·
Everyone that is tying flys...pick atleast one of your favorite flys to tie that really produces well and plan to tie it at the club meeting. You may pick more than one, but limmit it to no more than 3 flys. We want everyone to have a chance & time to tie their fly.

#26 ·
I will make a pot of Brunswick Stew... No heat Dennis , I'll see about hush puppies. Is anybody spending the nite on the 11th? We may get some fishing in at New Bern on the 12th. I have one small job to do in the morning of the 12th but should be free after 10:00am

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.