River Fly flingers core creek shad meet & greet 3-20-2010 - Page 4
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Fly flingers core creek shad meet & greet 3-20-2010

Default Re: Fly flingers core creek shad meet & greet 3-20-2010

Also If any one is intersted in using a yak and cant find one Riverside of Kinston has kayaks for rent, i believe it is 25 for half day and 45 for full day. Riverside Bicycles and Outdoor Sports Kayaks and Canoes
    Thats for the yak paddle and vest. Got one for my cousing day after thanksgiving nice rentals and good people.
    "No one ever calls 911 because they did something smart"
    Red X Angler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I got this on my calendar. Hopefully my kayak will be here before then... i'm still waiting on it for two weeks now.

Asheley, I hope you can make it with us. It's been a while since I've seen you. What is the yak you will be getting?
    RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Allen was really outdone by this guys. Knowing him to be very quiet about his fishing skills, it made me laugh too. Sorry Allen. I am sure the rest of us will have to be extra cafeful of what we write now.
    RED X ANGLER

I have this one on the calender as well and am looking forward to seeing you allen. It has been a while. I hope you got that hat back. my wife mailed it. looking forwad to getting some fishing done after a long and fishless deployment! any way i have a two seater available if some one needs it. The front seat back is broken but i have a pad that works. Any way looking forward to it.

Rouse, it'll be good to fish with everyone again. I haven't seen you or Allen in a while.

I've ordered a Wilderness Systems Commander 120.

fishonn, hope to see you on the 20th. I've fished at the Maysville rock quarry a couple of times. Didn't do much while there. Could have been I didn't know how to fish in the deep water there. Can't remember if I saw any bowfins there, but I would think there would be.
    RED X ANGLER

Allen are we going to meet up at the sport shop and then head over to the river from there?
    2014 Native Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick
    Wicked Catch Pro Staff

Druminator,fishonn ,Marius ...I can't wait to see you guys again.Marius ,I look forward to meeting you and thanks for adding the Riverside rentals .It could be a big help to some of the visitors.Druminator I can't wait till you tie in to one of those big bows on a fly!
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

tarheel, glad to help. rouse, yea we catch a lot bow fin. down deep on cut bait. in the summer i love going back in the white oak and running a beetle spin. you will tear them up. in a yak you need a anchor because of the current. we will have to make it a trip. we would tear them up! last summer me and a friend went and we caught around 62 different panfish. bream, crappie, shell cracker, and sun fish. last december i went and caught about 5 bass all keepers. used a minnow right off the bottom.

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Thanks to ebay a 7/8wt Okuma 9' will be here soon...Its got Bowfin wrote all over it...
    Darrin

Core Creek is one of the best places I've found for Bows. yetavon let me know when your ready to try it out
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

allen i know im gonna definelty give the bows a run for there money there when you take me
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Ashley, I barely missed your post. I was just getting off my computer. I've seen that WS commander in GOPC. It is a great lookin g boat. I love the rail they put in at the front to mount rod holders, etc., without having to drill holes. I understand it is a very stable boat.

fishonn, I have been in the interconnecting ponds, and have heard the water running through the river. Didn't go far enough to enter the river, but was close. Instead of cut bait, you may try twitching a plastic worm or a super fluke across the bottom for bows, if you like to use artificial baits. It would be interesting to go back again and try fishing there with someone who knows how to fish there. When I was there, I was fishing along the edges. Didn't ever go enough to know how good the fishing could be there. Were you fishing out of a power boat, or a yak or canoe? I do know there are some very large boulders between those ponds. I could see where people had scraped them with their props. It could be a fun place for the yakkers to go. How much does it cost to go in there now?

Tim, you will love Core Creek. You can start fishing the instant you get the boat in. If you don't have a yak, or if someone doesn't have an extra one, I will take my aluminum boat. We can fish on that. In the summer, it is really nice to fish there to get ouit of some of the summer heat. In most places the creek is covered with tree limbs. It isn't far out to the Neuse either. Allen, Rhonda, Deep Blue, and a couple of others have paddled up to villiage creek from there. If the river is running slowly, it isn't bad at all doing that. Lots of bows in Villiage Creel and in Kidney Creek also, Kidney is on the way to Villiage. We have found that Core is just as good, and most liley better than the other 2, but if the bow fishing is slow in Core, we can go up river if the river current allows.
    RED X ANGLER

Current on the Neuse is really strong right now in Knightdale (fished it there Friday afternoon). I don't know what it will be on the 20th, but with the rain and snow we've had, I'm a little worried that it's gonna be running strong.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast