NC Angler Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red X Angler 3/27 M&G Lawson's Creek Boat List & etc.

RED X 
79K views 1K replies 42 participants last post by  trigger22 
#1 ·
We decided to have the RXA spring M&G and fish event at Lawson's Creek ramp (and park) on March 27th. Next steps are logistics:

1. who is actually going to be able to attend?
  2. who will bring boats?
  3. who is going to be riding each boat?
Regarding 1, there are two groups who voted on the date: those who preferred a date other than the 27th and those who preferred the 27th, or any date:

Dates other than the 27th preferred:
07_hemi_thunderroad, Marius357
big dave, cfarmd, EverSoDull, georgep
DRxug Money, Eric6708, NCTribute
The 27th or any date okay:
Coach D, Danny_G, DownEastFisherman, FishBugg,
NCPIERMAN, NCPS_PA_KEEPER, piratesaboard,
sallie0831, Scott Hobbs, sundrop, tarheel fly flinger,
trigger22, YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER
BigE818, biglenr, Island Man, JDHD,
jimbeamii, kmcskillz1, LADave, RouseD, TimC
Of both groups, please indicate if you will attend the 27th event. If so, indicate whether you will bring a boat or whether you will ride with someone who brings a boat.

If you are not on the list above (taken from the poll on the event date) and want to participate in the event please post and let us know. We'll put you on the list. It's okay if you are not a Red X Anger! This is a great opportunity to become one or at least fish with some of us.

As we firm up the boat list and rider assignments we will decide on things about launch and afternoon re-group times, fishing contest rules, contributions, and winning categories, and etc. (TimC and I donate the $8 big fish prize from the last tourney to fatten the pot on this one. :) )

Let's do everything we can to make this event as fun and great as our past events. Let's catch more fish than ever before. Let's scramble more folks to fish with us!

All event information will be maintained on this post so if you have questions about anything, check here....

Boats ----------------------- boat ----------------Rider(s)----------------TotalSeats
jimbeamii ................... CC ................. TimC, DEF ............
......... 3
Eric6708 .................... 14' jon boat .......
SimpleFisher .................. 1
NCPierman ................... 14' Cadallac........ Son&wife, ncps_pa_keeper.
...... 3
Scott Hobbs ................. CC ................. h2ohhh, Big Ed .......
......... 2
Danny G ..................... 14' Whaler ......... friend ...............
......... 1
BigE818 ..................... 15' Jon ............ wife* ...............
.......... 1
venom17 ..................... bass boat .......... son,
Ron Wielder .............. 2
piratesaboard ............... CC ................. Bro, bro-n-law ................ 2
IslandMan ................... CC Skiff ........... YakattackFF, flame tamer,Gambit 3
cfarmd ...................... CC ................. Dad, georgep,fishin4fun,Pesky .
trigger22 ................... CC ................. friend, sundrop ......
......... 2
toolman ..................... bass boat .......... son ..................
......... 1
bumblebee178 ................ bass boat .......... cousin .....
................... 1
Fishin Fool ................. 15' John ........... redbeards85 .........
.......... 1
Totals -----------------------14------------------ 25 --------------------------- 26

Total boaters and riders: ..................................... 39 and counting
Total boats: .................................................. 14 with 26 rider seats (not including captain)

Kayaks ----------------------- Yakker(s)
3 ............................ Tarhill_Fly_Flinger (Allen), Rhonda, Jared
1 ............................ RouseD
1 ............................ BigDave
1 ............................ Marius357
1 ............................ Guzman
1 ............................ ThomasPace
2 ............................ Baldspot & son Jared (canoe)
1 ............................ YakNak
1 ............................ Rodnocker
1 ............................ garyxian

Total Yakkers: 13 and counting

Red X Anglers and friends so far: 52 anglers on boats and yaks

Place: Lawson's Creek boat ramp, New Bern. 7AM showing up and launching boats...getting gear ready.
Launch Time: 0800-1600 hours (8 hours fishing)
Re-group Time: 1600-1630: re-group for weigh-in and awards.Afterward people can leave, go back fishing, or just hang around to shoot the bull.

Contest Rules and Prizes:

Be sure to put a lure in the bucket and put you name on the list to qualify for competition.

1st places....bring a ruler and measure fish to be thrown back, pics.
Striper.........share of lures
Red Drum....share of lures
Bass............share of lures
Others (catfish, carp, gar, bowfin, trout. panfish, shad)

Biggest fish of the day gets Garmin 160, plus share of lures.

All species of fish are considered for winning. This is to be a fun day of fishing so lets don't lock it down to just a few species to win. If none is caught in a category then the 2nd place biggest fish in any category will take that honor.

See less See more
#73 ·
Wow, talk about talkin' trash.... game on! :D There's a reel contest brewin' for the RXA Lawson Creek assault on 3/27. I'm confident the trash slam prize is in the bag! Now I need to get back to work on the new secret striper magnet!

Reactions: NCPIERMAN
#84 ·
Not sure I'd be so quick to spend my $'s that direction. Cadillac never been in salt so there will be an initial shock and recovery period (PMS), and the Pierman, as good as he is cause I know, he's been on my boat, still has some rust on those red reels. His first time out and back to us, he best use Feb and March to practice up a tad.... :p:p

#78 ·
thats ok dennis yaks arent the only thing that can be stealthy ;) how ya think i used to catch all them drum on queens creek? Lol wasnt because i ran the motor thats for sure.
and i can get skinny with the pimpollac :)

#79 ·
Just because I was raised in a tough neighborhood doesn't mean I'm tough. Most of my aches and pains are from sports injuries, not fights. And if you read that post (I realize that in itself can be difficult for some educated in the south:rolleyes:) you'll see that I said 'I'm not fussy'. If I need to be on an aluminum bench seat hunched up in a jon all day I can handle that (with massive doses of Ibu).

But there's no way I'm getting in an oversized plastic Ketchup dispenser in 50 degree water and bobbing around inches above that river, especially when I can lounge in luxury on the Stormchaser while Captain Beamii spots stripers on the latest electronics and TimC proceeds to slay them while I mix drinks. That has to do with being smart....not tough.:cool:

#80 ·
*** especially when I can lounge in luxury on the Stormchaser while Captain Beamii spots stripers on the latest electronics and TimC proceeds to slay them while I mix drinks. That has to do with being smart....not tough.:cool:
h2ohhh -- if you feel a need to ruff it we can toss a jon boat in the cockpit for ya. :) We'll just hand you the rod when it's your time to catch one.

#85 ·
lol chuck no rust on my reels all cleaned and greased with lightening for those fast and furouis fish that are gonna be dangleing on my rods the whole day.
and trust me feb and march i will make my return history once again lol,beside i have to claim my thrown back on queens creek and show all these xer's how to fish it :)

#89 ·
WOW, just got caught up reading all the post. I'm gonna have to break out the fishing equipment tomorrow since I'll be iced in again and do some casting in the front yard and do some ice fishing just to try and get in some serious practice cause it looks like some of you guys are out for blood (or scales) as in fish scales that is. I'm just keeping my fingers x hoping that cfarmd can swing it and make it on the 27th. If not I might have to find me another RedX fishing partner. But looking forward to trying to keep up with the StormCatcher, Captained by the famous jimbeamii and crew, NCPierman and crew, Scott and crew, all the yakkers. Gonna be a great day for sure.:D

#90 ·
We haven't even started organizing the contest yet but we already have a great prize for biggest fish, any species, donated by Venom17 (Ronnie): a used Garmin 160 FF. Thanks Ronnie.

Scott are you going to manage the fishing contest this year?

#95 ·
Well, why yall have been smack talking & planning away..i have been busy with work..all this cold weather has the gas man busy, busy, busy. Sounds like yall have been having a party on here..lol...!!!! Sorry, i missed out on most of it. Thanks to everyone that is organizing this event...it is greatly appreciated. Thanks island man for a seat on your skiff. Now as for the smack talking...here is what i have to say... 1) don't talk me to death - show me something..!!!
2) don't sing it..bring it..!!! 3) ifin you're waiting on me..then you're backing up...!!! Then again some of you may just be stuck in neutrel & don't know what to do or which way to go. No offense fellas... I had to make up for all the smack talking i missed out on...lol..!!!!thanks again to those that cordinated this trip to make it possible for everyone to have a fun day with friends. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 27 th

#96 ·
10-4 thanks a lot Venom I will put it on my little 14 ft boat or maybe as a bow mount on my Sea Pro. I'll have to think about that ;) Whoever rides with me is going Catfishing...Headed up to the hatteras yaht basin first thing to catch some bream for bait then we are going to Spring Garden to catch some cats. My boat will win this even if we only get into the smaller blues and flats :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.