NC Angler Forums banner

Problems logging into your account?

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  NCangler 
#1 ·
Periodically I hear from members that they are having an issue logging into or staying logged into their account. This is almost always related to the Windows Internet Explorer browser and is a "cookies" problem. If you are ever having an issue logging in give the instructions below a try. And of course please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of each page.

Blessings,
Randy
Administrator

Periodically Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer develops a problem with corrupted 'cookies' and that can affect members being able to log in and/or stay logged in. To reset the cookies on your NCangler.com account follow these directions:

Go to this link:**vBulletin > My Cookies

Select the radio buttons beside each NCangler.com cookie listed.

Choose to delete the selected cookies.* You will then receive a confirmation that the cookies were deleted and to try to log in again.

Next go to the home page:* NCangler.com - Fishing North Carolina from the mountains to the coast

Enter your username and password and click the "Remember Me" button before logging in.* Log in.

This will reset your session cookies and should solve your login problem.* If not let us know at support@NCangler.com.

See less See more
#2 ·
The only time I lose my log in is when I go to the classified section and then back to forums or home page. I use mozilla firefox browser. I always have to log in again when I come back to those pages after I go to the classifieds.

#4 ·
i can't get on the website easy! I have it as one of my favorites, but when i click on it i just get the front page color and the bottom green box to tell me that it is connected just has 1 or 2 lights lite up. I have to ctrl,alt del to get it to stop and get out. can you help me?

#6 ·
For the past 36 hrs or so the site was hanging for me at more or less the same place ... it seemed to be an issue with the Google hooks (analytics in this case), but it didn't lock the browser.
Try Firefox or Google Chrome, you'll have less trouble with almost every site, and you'll also be more secure. Both the EU and the US government have issued directives against using IE due to security issues.

#10 ·
Here is an update to the occasional issue with either logging in or staying logged in on NCangler.com. This only seems to happen with Internet Explorer. Try the instructions below from one of our Administrators if you have this problem. If that doesn't help, go back to the first post in this thread and follow the instructions to delete your browser cookies.

Press Ctrl + F5 on your keyboard and at the same time to do a "hard refresh" after you're logged in. Then see if you are logged in afterward. If that does work, then your browser is pulling the web page from "cache" and that is why you are not seeing yourself as being logged in. You can resolve this on your end in Internet Explorer by clicking the "Tools" menu, then selecting "Internet Options", and then clicking the "Settings" button under the "Browsing History" section. In the next pop-up, make sure that "Check for newer versions of stored pages:" is set to "Every time I visit the webpage", then click the "Ok" button to save.
If this helps you please click the "Like" button on this post so we'll know. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.