Rip zooker dickerson - memorial info

Thread: Rip zooker dickerson - memorial info

Default Rip zooker dickerson - memorial info

I just got off the phone with Zookers Mom. Sweet lady who is of course overwhelmed right now dealing with the death of a son. We lost him Fri July 2nd....Those of us who knew Zooker knew what a kind soul he had under that tough shell. I met him at what I think might have actually been our first NCAngler cookout at Dave B's house on July 9th 2007. A great Bass fishermen and hunter who was only happy outdoors. He hounded me often to come up to Badin, Or Tuckertown and let him "teach" me how great Bass fishing can be. I regret now more than ever not making that trip... Life, is indeed short.... and we just never know when something is going to sneak up on us and take us away far before what we feel is our time. Lukemia was the theif that stole him away.
    I find peace in the thoughts that he is now without pain, rod in hand, on a beautiful lake with a box full of Lucky Crafts and snatching huge bucketmouths with every cast.
    His Mom has asked me to share the following info, and urges anyone who so much as took a moment to post a comment, or make a phone call to Zook, to feel welcome to attend..
    Zooker had requested cremation, and that his ashes be spread over his 3 favorite home lakes Badin, Tuckertown, and High Rock. A memorial service will be held July 24th at 12 noon at the New Beginnings Church in Denton NC. Shortly there after his ashes will be spread at each of the lakes at various locations to be announced. His Mom also said that they had been planning a cookout on Labor day for all of his friends from his various websites NCAngler, BassFishin.com, and others. She wants to have this cookout as a final memorial to her son so that (in her words) "I can hear the laughter and stories and fill my home with the joy that Zooker and his fishing and hunting buddies always had when they got together here, or wherever we lived at the time" She has also requested that if anyone has any pictures of Zook we send them to her and she's ok'd me to post her email address [email protected]
    If you would like to speak with her in person send me an IM and I will give you her phone number. She is a sweet lady, and talking to his friends seems to help ease her mind. Pray for her and all her family at this time. I will be attending, so if anyone wants to meet up or share a ride let me know. I will keep this post updated as time passes...

* Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws *
    RED X ANGLER* * MEMBER OF THE JON BOAT BASS CLUB OF NC * ARDENT REELS PROSTAFF REEL IT IN BAITS PRO STAFF 1st Tournament win 2/20/16 at Hyco lake 13lb 14.8oz 5 fish.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info Brent. It sad to realize that Zook is gone but I know it was a tough struggle for him the last few years. I have some pictures from the cook-out I'll try to dig up and send her.

sundrop likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Thanks for the information Brent. I have fished Tuckertown a few times, while planning the last trip I had a thread answered by Zooker. I really didn't know him at all, I could tell he was a lot of fun to be around and was disappointed when he couldn't get it worked out to fish with us that day. I never knew he was ill till he posted the anniversary thread, and then the one with that monster grilled chicken, mushroom, and swiss cheese sandwich that he named after you.

God rest his soul and ease the suffering of his family.

Darrell
    sundrop likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have some video of him at a SWAT redneck yacht club meet. I will send it to her.
    speckhunter80, and sundrop like this.

Blog Entries

I never met him in person, but had a few chats with him on here. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
    Thanks for the updates.
    sundrop likes this.

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Thanks for letting us know Sundrop.
    This makes me quite sad. I`d just recently chatted with "Zook" alot more (since he had been talking kayaks) and wish I`d had more time to end up meeting him. A chance for us all to realize that`s how it is- you never have as much time as it may seem here so take advantage of it. I`m sure he was a heck of a guy and always loved his posts. I will miss him being on here.

dbeam, and sundrop like this.

"Them Hardcore boys"

Very sad news, thanks for letting us know Sundrop.
    sundrop likes this.

I never got the chance to meet Zooker, but I always enjoyed reading his posts. He certainly was a "stand out" here on NC Angler. He will be missed. Prayers sent for his family.

our hearts and prayers go out to his family and i am at ease knowing he is never fishless where he is now peace finally has found him he will be missed dearly
    dbeam likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

I hate to hear this zooker was a googd man.Allways willing to help anouther fisherman.He will be missed.Prayers for faimly sent
    Faith and prayers are strongest things in life we have!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements