My father has passed - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My father has passed

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Thank you for sharing the story of your father. My sympathy goes out to you and your family. Everytime one of the old guard passes it is a great loss, they were the finest generation

Darrell
    NCPS_PA_KEEPER, and speckhunter80 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sorry to hear of yours, your families, and this countries loss. Thnank God for men like your dad.

RED X ANGLER

Sorry to hear about your loss and thanks for sharing a portion of his life.

MY GOOD WIFE'S PHILOSOPHY ON FISHING----NOTHING TO IT----JUST FIND A HUNGRY FISH--

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Speck,

My condolences. You will find that you only lose him physically. Spiritually he will be a part of you always.

H2ohhh, Dr. H, Judge H...what the H? Nucanoe Frontier 12.

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. The loss of a loved one is never easy, but the memories you have of him will always warm your heart. You and your family are in our prayers. God bless.

Richard, truly sorry about the loss of your father. My prayers are going out to you and your family members thru this most difficult time.

HUBERT - Heaven has a new Warrior. Master Sgt. (USMC ret.) Richard "Dick" Phelps, Aug. 29, 1929 – July 12, 2010, has passed away. Before joining God's army, the Lord allowed him to celebrate the 60th anniversary of his marriage on July 8, 2010, with the love of his life, Marjorie Clapp Phelps.

During his service to our Country as a Marine, he survived the sub-zero temperatures and the Chinese Red Army at the Chosin Reservoir. At the time of his death, Dick was a proud member of the Chosin Few. In addition, while serving in Vietnam he survived being buried alive for six hours after a mortar attack. He was awarded many medals for his service including the Purple Heart, Korean Service Medal with five stars, United Nations Medal, Good Conduct Medal, Vietnam Service Medal and National Defense Service Medal.

Dick and his wife have three children. The eldest is Daniel Phelps who lives in Tallahassee, Fla., with his wife Elizabeth and their two daughters, Margaret and Abigail. His daughter Ann Redding lives in Fayetteville. His oldest granddaughter Tabitha also lives in Fayetteville with her husband Zev and sons Aubrey, Donald, Sean and Asher. Ann's youngest daughter Crystal lives in Louisiana with her husband Bill. Dick's youngest, Richard F. Phelps lives in the Bear Creek community with his wife Janet. Dick's sister Connie Furlong and her daughters live in his native state of Michigan. Many of his relatives have preceded him in death including his father Lester and his mother Charlene.

Dick and Margie provided for their children in spite of the meager income afforded our military. With the assistance of his wife, he saw to it that all three of his children attended and graduated college with degrees that have served them well. Dick could never say no to Margie and seldom did to anyone else that his knowledge of electronics could help. For a number of years he provided all the sound equipment and music for the Miss Swansboro pageant in the 1970s at no charge. His expertise as a television and radio repairman was second to none. Folks from all over eastern North Carolina knew that if they wanted it fixed, then take it to Dick at Dixie Radio and TV. He served for many years in several officer positions with the North Carolina Certified Electronic Technicians Association.

A memorial service will be held at Queens Creek United Methodist Church in Hubert with the Rev. Jim Pearson officiating on Saturday, July 17, 2010, at 4 p.m. Visitation with the family will be at the church an hour before the service.

In honor of Dick's military service the family requests that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to Fisherman In Support Of Heroes, Inc., P.O. Box 292 Hubert, NC 28539 or another veteran's charity.

Good-bye, my love. Good-bye Dad. Semper Fi Marine. Go in Peace.
    grandpaa, izaver, and NCPS_PA_KEEPER like this.

My prayers and condolences to you Richard and family. I would be proud to attend the service if it were not we are conducting our club's Troop Day, same day and time. However I will say a special prayer for you and family during our own version of honoring our troops, while thinking of you.
    NCPS_PA_KEEPER likes this.

Red X Angler

Thoughts and prayers for your family on Sat.

Sorry for your loss,prayers sent to you and your faimly

Faith and prayers are strongest things in life we have!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12