My father has passed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My father has passed

Default My father has passed

Richard Rex Phelps
    Heaven has a new Warrior. MSgt. (USMC Ret.) Richard "Dick" Phelps (b. August 29, 1929 d. July 12, 2010) has passed away. Before joining God’s army, the Lord allowed him to celebrate the 60th anniversary of his marriage on July 8th with the love of his life; Marjorie Clapp Phelps.

During his service to our Country as a Marine, he survived the sub-zero temperatures and the Chinese Red Army at the Chosin Reservoir. In addition, while serving in Viet Nam he survived being buried alive for 6 hours after a mortar attack.

Dick and his wife have three children. The eldest is Daniel Phelps who lives in Tallahassee, Florida with his wife Elizabeth and their two daughters; Margaret and Abigail. His daughter Ann Redding lives in Fayetteville, NC. His oldest granddaughter Tabitha also lives in Fayetteville with her husband Zev and sons Aubrey, Donald, Sean and Asher. Ann’s youngest daughter; Crystal, lives in Louisiana with her husband Bill. Dick’s youngest, Richard F. Phelps lives in the Bear Creek community with his wife Janet. Dick’s sister Connie Furlong and her daughters live in his native state of Michigan. Many of his relatives have preceded him including his father Lester and mother Charlene.

Dick and Marge provided for their children in spite of the meager income afforded our Military. With the assistance of his wife, he saw to it that all three of his children attended and graduated college with degrees that have served them well. Dick could never say no to Marge and seldom did to anyone else that his knowledge of electronics could help. For a number of years he provided all the sound equipment and music for the Miss Swansboro pageant in the 70's at no charge. His expertise as a Television and Radio repairman was second to none. Folks from all over eastern NC knew that if they wanted it fixed, then take it to Dick at Dixie Radio and TV.

A memorial service will be held at Queens Creek United Methodist Church in Hubert with Rev. Jim Pearson officiating on Saturday July 17th, 2010 starting at 4:00 pm. Visitation with the family will be at the church an hour before the service.
    In honor of Dick’s military service the family requests that in lieu of flowers, donations
    be made to FISHERMEN IN SUPPORT OF HEROES, INC.; P.O. Box 292 Hubert, NC 28539 or another veteran’s charity.

Good-bye Dad. SEMPER FI MARINE. Go in peace.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

What a beautiful, beautiful post Richard. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Janet and your entire family. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

And please take solace in that he is finally at peace.

We love you, Ruthie, Tim & Abi
    NCPIERMAN, and speckhunter80 like this.

red x angler.......tarheelflyflinger....she's no lady she's his wife
    "It'll be a good day if it doesn't rain"

richard my friend im sorry to hear of this even though we knew it was comming, we will keep you and your family in our prayers and please feel free to call me any time day or nite if you need anything.
    NCPS_PA_KEEPER, and speckhunter80 like this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear of your loss Richard. At least he suffers no longer! You and your family are in my prayer.

Blog Entries

I am very sorry to hear of your dad's passing Richard. Thank you for sharing his life with us in this thread. I want to thank him and his family for his service to our nation.

Richard,I am sorry to hear of the passing of your father,my families prayers will be with your families at this time.

RED X ANGLERS - YES THE HARLEY HAS ROD HOLDERS

Sorry for your loss Richard but he is in a better place. Prayers are sent for the family.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Our condolences Rich. Hope you are okay.

* StormCatcher - Sea Hunt Triton 260; Twin 150 Yamaha 4-strokers pushin Red X Anglers
    * Please support our heros @[COLOR=Blue]. RFA Member

From my family to yours,our condolences and prayers for you,your family,your Father may he rest in peace,and God bless all.

Eric......Red X Anglers

A great tribute to a great man. The Lord has another warrior in his army. My wife and I will be praying for you and your family during this time.

"A Bad Day Fishing Beats a Good Day At Work
    BoutTime Saltwater Fishing Team

We are sorry to hear of the loss of your father. We will pray for you and your family.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Richard... sorry to hear about your loss. At least he is now in a better place. Prayers for you and your family!!

~DannyG~
    RXA = LIFE

Our condolences, sounds like he was an amazing man.
    speckhunter80 likes this.

I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
    William Shakespeare

Sorry about your loss Speck. Sounds like he was a wonderful person.

SO sorry Richard, but find joy in his peace....

* Be responsible to the resource, not just obedient to the laws *
    RED X ANGLER* * MEMBER OF THE JON BOAT BASS CLUB OF NC * ARDENT REELS PROSTAFF REEL IT IN BAITS PRO STAFF 1st Tournament win 2/20/16 at Hyco lake 13lb 14.8oz 5 fish.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast