Inshore Topsail Area Public Access FISHING spots - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Topsail Area Public Access FISHING spots

Topsail Angler- Do you know where Hines Street is at? I know where Banks Channel is but cannot find a Hines Street at Topsail.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Technician View Post
    Topsail Angler- Do you know where Hines Street is at? I know where Banks Channel is but cannot find a Hines Street at Topsail.
    Actually it is Hines Avenue. It is the second or third right after you pass the business district (25 mph zone) in Topsail Beach on South Anderson Blvd.

Many thanks- I shall try again !

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wow!!! Best post on this forum yet!

This has been very helpful forum, i am not familiar with the area and have looked at the map and found the area North Topsail Beach---4 X 4 vehicles ONLY--- off of hwy 210 take New River Inlet Road looked like really good area, My question is i dont have a 4x4 truck, may I park before i get to 4x4 sign and use a beach cart to get out there? also had another idea i do have a 4x4 4wheeler, would that be ok to drive out there with a small trailer and if so would i need a pass or anything?

Blog Entries

Not sure about the trailer but as far as walking out there - you can but it is a LONG way from any public parking area.

Quote Originally Posted by carp123 View Post
    Another spot is the WMA on the north end of the Hwy 172 New River bridge. Just make a right before the gate to base, there's a sign, at the end of the road there's a fishing pier and access to fish the plyons on the bridge.
    I believe this area is only accesible to folks with DOD stickers

Ok thanks for the info but if i had to pull a beach cart out there? I was looking at the overhead pic and i see you would drive out straight from river road but i havnt the 4x4 (yet) where is the parking area? Hopefully at the end of river road before the engage 4X4 sign.

Quote Originally Posted by smevil View Post
    Ok thanks for the info but if i had to pull a beach cart out there? I was looking at the overhead pic and i see you would drive out straight from river road but i havnt the 4x4 (yet) where is the parking area? Hopefully at the end of river road before the engage 4X4 sign.
    There is no public parking on that road. There are no parking signs all down the end of river road once you make that last right. The only pubic parking is once you get onto the beach. I tried twice without putting it in 4x4 and it slowed down and started to spin both times. So I would say you need a 4x4 to get onto the beach.

Tim C
    B.A.S.S. Life Member (Since 1976) and a Red X Angler

Thanks fro posting Mike. This thread is a great idea. The Empie road access is a nice access, located near our home, and is great for wade fishing at low tide. The docks do hold small flounder and reds. Don't know why, but I have only caught under sized fish at this access. Maybe this spring will break the mold.
    Tight lines!
    Johnny

I take my grand kids to the big pier here, with a pound of shrimp and a bag of chicken legs, we can spend the day catching pin fish, croakers, and crabs. If they tire the fishing for a while, there is the playground in the park as well. My wife Donna or I can walk right across the street and get some grilled chicken sandwiches or a pizza at Max's for a lunch at the picnic tables. Really a wonderful family atmosphere.
    Johnny

This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
    finstalker, and sundrop like this.

Any of these public access spots a good place to nail some flounder?

We will be coming down on Monday 9/12 for week and staying in N. Topsail about 6 miles north of Surf City stoplight. Where are the closet public access points for fishing on the sound side?

THANKS to everyone that has contributed to the list. I knew there were locations, but I had lost my earlier copy I made. Thanks again to Randy and to all of you. Looks like good weather for the next few days and maybe we can catch us a mess of fish to bring home. Will let you know when we get back.
    Big-Dawg, and Topsail Angler like this.

Have fished that area many times in the past years when the kids were small. GREAT place if you are looking to keeps the kids busy with fish. Lots of small pin fish and some decent drum.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast