Inshore Topsail Area Public Access FISHING spots - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Topsail Area Public Access FISHING spots

Just to clarify: You can park on River Rd. But after you take the right turn, there is no parking. But it is a short walk to the beach- less than .5mi. I'm here in my 2WD Jeep and had to park there. A beach cart would be fine. There is a sign that reads NO ATVs- but you won't need one. Once you get to the sand it is a 2 minute hike to water!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks. Hope to get down there soon.

awesome thread, thank you so much. we recently purchased a home on topsail and cant wait to get to fishing! are there are quality topsail sound fishing threads? i couldn't find one. thanks!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jvphish View Post
    awesome thread, thank you so much. we recently purchased a home on topsail and cant wait to get to fishing! are there are quality topsail sound fishing threads? i couldn't find one. thanks!
    We don't use the term Topsail Sound that much - try searching on New River, Topsail Inlet, Rich's inlet, Virginia Creek, Surf City, 172 Bridge, High Rise Bridge, etc. While you won't find a thread like this one you will find a lot of good info. What kind of boat are you planning to use in the sounds?

RouseD likes this.

thanks!

2010 carolina skiff 198 dlx

do you know the finger with the military tower at the end of it? we are right next to that.

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

Default Topsail Area Public Access FISHING spots

Just checkout breadman's posts....he fishes that area and posts a bunch of reports. With that said, if you would like to cut the learning curve in half and take a charter he is definitely your man.
    RouseD likes this.

awesome thanks!

i should have specified...right near queens grant.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jvphish View Post
    awesome thanks!

i should have specified...right near queens grant.
    Ah - that helps (we have a number of old towers). That's the south end of the island. Banks Channel runs behind the island in the area you are staying. The marsh areas between banks channel and the ICW have some cuts and channels in them - EXCELLENT spring fishing in there (early summer too). Then if you squirt out the end of Banks channel and head left 1n Topsail Channel and then on the right as you reach the the shoals - you are behind Lea Island, another good spot - it gets shallow in there but you can thread your way around - just don't get stuck in there on a falling tide.

Also where banks channel ends, go across Topsail Channel and you will see a channel there - that is Howards Channel and it leads to the ICW (as does Topsail Channel) but there are some shoals in there so take it slow. Along the bank on the right side can be good in Howards channel. The channel that branches off by the flag pole on the beach winds back behind Lea Island and can be productive as well, good red drum and speck waters.

Hope that helps. If you want some annotated pictures of these waters check out the WIKI on my website. Here's a link to an example: Topsail Channel, Howards Channel and Banks Channel.

wow, amazing. can't thank you enough!

isnt this Surf City?

Surf city is one of the three topsail island communities.
    BillyM likes this.

I come to Topsail to the Inlaws condo...with this info I think I may have some fun! It looks like this thread is a bit dated, I know there is alot of construction going on on the inlet side, are there any new locations or are any of these above unreachable now? I can figure it out, but was trying to save some fishing time! Thanks again!

Thanks, Ive been coming there for 15 years and most only stay in the North end. But after researching all of these spots I quickly learned its ALL Topsail...lol Thanks Swampin'

They recently put a nice parking lot on the north end of topsail where you used to have to have a 4x4 to access.

Is there some sort of dock or access to fish the sound on the backside of the park at NTB?

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast