A prayer for a friend! - Page 10
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

We're off to Winston-Salem to the Cancer Center bright and early tomorrow for the third round, and possibly the last, of this chemo. If the MRI on 7/10 shows any growth we will discontinue this chemo and try to find something else. This last round of the chemo has affected Charlie so much that I dread seeing what this third round does as far as side effects. Please keep him in your prayers! We are anxiuosly waiting to see who wins what in the raffle. Good luck to everyone who bought tickets and thanks for the support!
    RouseD, and YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER like this.

RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Have a safe drive jan & charlie...prayers sent for a good outcome and good news.
    I too want to say tahnk you again to everyone that helped with the support of doing the raffle for charlie and to those who purchased tickets. Good luck to everyone that bought tickets. Thank you to those that helped with the sell of the tickets.it is all greatly appreciated very much. Were very lucky to
    have such good friends as we do here on ncangler. Thank you randy for putting together a great site. So many good things & friendships have developed because of your efforts.
    NCangler, RaymondWells, and RouseD like this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

The chemo went well, now we wait to see what, if any, side effects decide to come callin'. We head back on July 10 for the MRI. If it shows that the CPT-11 isn't working, especially if there is more growth, then we will stop it and see what other options there are, if any. Keep the prayers coming, please. One more day till the raffle drawing. GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!

RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Prayers continued Jan. Thks for the report.
    RED X ANGLER

Congratulations to all the winners in the raffle!!! We want to say a very heartfelt and sincere 'thank you" to everyone who contributed in any way (ticket sales, ticket purchases, planning, etc.). We wish we could thank everyone individually but will have to settle for this blanket thanks. A very special thanks to Eddie Manning for all his hard work and dedication to everything! We are so very grateful for the support and prayers from everyone here. It means more than we can ever express in words. We were so lucky the day Charlie stumbled onto NC Angler in his web browsing! A huge "thank you" again to everyone and we hope to see some of you at the BBQ chicken sale on July 9th.
    Jan and Charlie
    (This is a duplicate of what we put on the "Raffle and BBq Chicken..." thread, we wanted to be sure everyone saw it!)

RED X ANGLER

Charlie is asleep so I wanted to take the chance to do an update. He is experiencing almost dibiltating exhaustion from the last round of the chemo. It is also affecting his speech more and causing him worsening problems with his balance. We are still hopeful that we will be in Kinston on the 9th for the fundraiser. I have to consider the long ride on Sunday to the cancer center for his MRI and how it will affect him. We may be able to just make a quick appearance on Sat. We want to wish everyone a safe and happy 4th!

RED X ANGLER

mrs cobb our prayers are still with you both i know it is hard but i pray he will recovery quickly and great sucess with the new treatments
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Jan, and Charlie, we would love to have both of you at the BBQ sale, but if you think it would be best for Charlie to rest before your Sunday trip, then I am sure everyone would rather you do that.

RED X ANGLER

Sorry to hear that charlie is having more complications. I hope things turn around for him and you both can make it saturday. If he nees his rest..we certainly understand.
    NCPIERMAN, and RaymondWells like this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

We got the MRI done yesterday and checked into the hotel afterward. Charlie took a nap and then wanted to go get some dinner. After dinner as we were going back to the room, he fell and broke his hip. He was transported to the ER and then admitted to the hospital late last night. They did his surgery (a partial hip replacement) this afternoon. He is doing fairly well right now but we are here to stay for a while. Needless to say, any treatment for the cancer is on hold. The doctor is waiting till tomorrow to give us the results of the MRI so that Charlie is more alert. Please keep him in your prayers.
    Jan
    RED X ANGLER

so sorry to hear that jan my heart goes out to you both it was great seeing you both saturday at the church were still praying for you both
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Blog Entries

Jan, We are so sorry to hear this. I know this latest setback must be exasperating. Try to keep a positive attitude and persevere. We are praying for you all.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

Sorry for the set back ...I hate to see this happen to Charlie. Please keep us posted!!!
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Thanks for the update Jan, and so sorry to hear about Charlie's misfortune. Prayers continued to 2 wonderful people.
    RED X ANGLER

Charlie started running a fever yesterday evening and is pretty much unresponsive. He can't even tell them his or my name, where he was or why he is here. The Tylenol seems to finally be kicking in for the fever. They think he is developing a bladder infection so they have just started him on antibiotics. The physical therapist was supposed to come in today to get him up and walking, but we don't know if that is going to happen now. O have my laptop here so I will keep everyone updated when I can. Thanks, everyone, for the prayers.
    Jan
    RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements