A prayer for a friend! - Page 11
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

So sorry to hear of the setback, prayers continue.
    Red X Angler

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh my, i just found out about all this today. I am so sorry to hear about charlie's fall and breaking jis hip. I know that has to be very frustrating for you & charlie. I pray that the surgery went well and charlie gets better soon. I pray that the results come back with good news on the cancer that his treatments are working. My heart goes out to you both. I wish there was something i could do to make things better. It's all in gods hands & his alone. We are all still praying for you both that things will get better soon. Tell charlie to hang in there & don't give up cause we wont give up on him. Keep us posted as often as you can.
    MOFISH likes this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER View Post
    Oh my, i just found out about all this today. I am so sorry to hear about charlie's fall and breaking jis hip. I know that has to be very frustrating for you & charlie. I pray that the surgery went well and charlie gets better soon. I pray that the results come back with good news on the cancer that his treatments are working. My heart goes out to you both. I wish there was something i could do to make things better. It's all in gods hands & his alone. We are all still praying for you both that things will get better soon. Tell charlie to hang in there & don't give up cause we wont give up on him. Keep us posted as often as you can.
    Well said Eddie ! " Ditto "

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They just took Charlie for a CT of his brain and his chest. They are checking for blood clots and to see if anything is happening with the tumor. His temperature is rising again and he is still not responding well to anyone. Prayers are definitely needed and very much appreciated.
    RED X ANGLER

We all will be praying for charlie
    RouseD likes this.

"BOWFIN ANGLER "

We are all hoping & praying for the best for charlie and for you being there for charlie's support. I know it's got to be really hard on you right now. You are charlie's anchor right now, we are your anchor if you need us. As you can tell, we don't give up on our friends and god won't give up on you either. Tell charlie when he wakes up...not to give up. Prayers sent for a complete recovery for charlie.
    RouseD likes this.

"BOWFIN ANGLER "

Here are some of the pics of the Benifit BBQ Chicken Dinner for Charlie ... Eddie did a great job putting this event together!! We had some distinguished visitors as well !!! I would like to recognize some of the notables that helped out making this a success!!Eddie ,Shelton,Rouse ,Rhonda ,TFF. Eddie will post the sponcers who helped so much!

Eddies brother Shelton cooking...

Now there is a COOK!!

Charlie and Jan...he made a big effort to join us at the Church

The other BIG NEWS...Ruthie and Tim came to meet Charlie ...What a suprise!!!

Charlie as much as ever needs the prayers of this community!!! These pics were taken a few days before his fall.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Blog Entries

The chicken looks great! Wish I could have been there. How did the event go?

It went well!! We had a good response and made Charlie some funds. I was so happy he made it down! Ruthie was a surprise too!!
    RouseD, and YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER like this.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

The dinner went well considering the man power we had & the time to organize the event. I will tell you,,it was definately alot of planning needed in which i really didn't have alot of time to plan. It should have been more planned out for a better turn out. If i ever do that again, i will have a better idea on what is needed for a better turn out of events. First time doing this & i had no idea of what to expect. I wish i could have done a better job at it. However, we did raise some funds & some is better than none.thank you to all that helped me with this event, i couldn't have done it without you. Allen , rhonda, dennis, & my brother shelton. Special thanks to our donating sponsors..king's bbq for the hush puppies and hugo grocery for the sides. Thanks to mr. Kenneth allen for allowing us to use his pig cooker to make good use of time.thank you to all that came out & showed your support. We wish charlie a healthy & fast recovery.

"BOWFIN ANGLER "

ya'll did a great job getting this done and jan we are praying for charlie each and everyday god be with you and him in these hard times.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Eddie, we all learned from this BBQ. I've helped with some others, but was never one of the organisers. If we do this again, we'll know a lot more. No matter, we did make some well needed funds, and the fellowship is always great at any Red X Angler event. For the time you had, you did a great job.
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

RED X ANGLER

Charlie slept very well last night. He is still running the fever which they have found no explanation for. No signs of infection anywhere in the lab work. The CT of his chest showed no blood clots, but we haven't heard anything on the head CT yet, or the MRI. Hopefully his oncologist will make it around today. He is still having trouble with his memory and speech, but he is better than yesterday. PT is supposed to be in to get him up today. Keep your fingers crossed! He is pretty weak. The oncologists feel that the speech, memory, and other problems except the fever are due to the tumor itself, not related to the surgery. He woke up and wanted to order his breakfast first thing. He got it done slowly but at least he wants to eat this morning. Even that was exhausting for him and he is already asleep again. Thanks everyone for the prayers, I will definitely update him on all the posts.
    RouseD, and YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER like this.

RED X ANGLER

Prayers continued Jan. Thanks for the update.
    RED X ANGLER

Thank you for the update jan, we all continue to pray for him everday tha god will touch his body and make him well again.glad to hear of some improvement & positive news. When do you think you will be coming home. I still have the bbq proceeds to give to you.
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements