A prayer for a friend! - Page 12
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

The chest ct showed no blood clots in the lungs, the head ct showed no swelling, etc., the ultrasound showed no clots in his legs and the MRI showed no new growth and is considered "abnormal stable.". That basically means that there are changes taking place, probably at a faster rate than expected, without any actual growth of the tumor. The physical therapist had him on his feet today for about 60 seconds but that was all he could stand. So we try again tomorrow! He is asleep so I thought I would update everyone.

RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

very good news jan thanks for the update our prayers are still with you both
    RaymondWells likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Jan, hopefully, Charlie will be doing better today.
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Jan, My wife Susie wanted me to tell you she appologizes for not seeing you at the BBQ, and really wishes she could have met both of you. She goes to a prayer group once per wekk, and they have prayed for Charlie on their last 2 meetings.

RED X ANGLER

Thank you for the update jan, with gods will...charlie will be getting better & coming home soon.
    We continue sending prayers up for charlie that things will get better soon.tell charlie we are thinking about him. Hope you are doing well considering everything thats going on. God bless...!!!!
    EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

He's feeling better this morning and is sitting up in the chair!
    RouseD likes this.

RED X ANGLER

That's good news to hear...maybe you will be able to go home soon where he can rest comfortably.
    Let me know when you will be returning home. I will make arrangements to go see you & bring you the money form the plate sell benefit. Tell charlie to behave himself & not flirt with the nurses too bad.
    EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Good news Jan.
    RED X ANGLER

Charlie was feeling better today. The physical therapist got him up to sit in a chair, but he is still too weak to try walking. They were trying to locate a rehab facility in New Bern that had a bed available today or Monday. The social worker called five centers in Craven county. Only one returned her call and they won't accept his Medicaid. She is trying to find a rehab center here that accepts it, which would mean I would have to stay in a motel for possibly two weeks or more. So it has been a very frustrating afternoon and evening for us. I am hoping that one of the rehab centers in New Bern or Havelock call her back on Monday and say they can take him. She seems to feel that they didn't call back because he is a Medicaid patient. His latest x-rays on his arm and shoulder looked good so that is a relief. If he had done damage to his arm in the fall it would have affected his rehabilitation. We are still fighting his high blood sugars. They started him on a different insulin tonight to see if will bring it down some. His doctor came by this evening. He said that we will get him through the rehab and then see where we go with treatment. He said it may be as much as a month before we can go back on it but we may be able to start it in as little as two weeks. Thanks for the prayers, everyone.
    Jan
    RED X ANGLER

Hang in there Jan...we are praying for better times !
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Thanks again for the update Jan. Some prayers have already been answered, but prayers are still needed a lot, and will be continued here.
    RED X ANGLER

Charlie had a bad night. There was a problem of some sort with the catheter and when they tried to take it out, it wouldn't budge. So they worked and worked till they finally found a way to remove it. Very painful procedure, especially in the middle of the night. They are working toward getting him into rehab here at the hospital. They would be a great option since it would leave him here where his doctors are. He is asleep and our son is here so I will update again later. Hope everyone has a terrific weekend!
    RED X ANGLER

Thanks for the update Jan.... we are sorry for the setback and are praying for better days.
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Jan, I hope the hospital option works for you. What hospital are you using? That cath probnlem sounded just aweful.
    RED X ANGLER

We are at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center (NC Baptist Hospital) in Winston-Salem and yes, the catheter problem was bad, but it could have been a lot worse if it had resulted in surgery. He is completely recovered from it. Now we wait for the rehab to be worked out.

RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements