A prayer for a friend! - Page 17
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

We're off to Winston-Salem on Thursday to resume the chemo treatments. I worry about how they will affect Charlie's rehab sessions, since the chemo wipes him out so much. He was so exhausted today that the therapist just worked with him for 30 minutes. I am going to be spending the next two days battening down the hatches getting ready in case Irene comes a-callin'. Don't want to wait till we get back to do it all. He is going to have physical therapy scheduled for Friday if the storm hasn't made it here yet. So it will be a busy day.
    RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Have a safe trip
    EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Sorry i missed out on the visit saturday...i had 3 cars to detail that were promised.
    Hop to see you soon.
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

We will be starting out for the cancer center in Winston-Salem at 6 am tomorrow. It is going to be a difficult trip, trying to manage bathroom stops along the way. Charlie isn't steady enough on his walker to go to the restroom alone so we have to find places like convenience stores where I can go in with him. That isn't too easy in some spots along our route. This is his first chemo since the end of June. I wonder how much it is going to affect him. The treatments just take so much out of him and also have an affect on his balance. Just praying for an uneventful trip so we can get back and get ready for Irene's visit over the weekend. Hope everyone stays safe during the storm, however much we end up getting of it.
    RED X ANGLER

Jan, hope you do have a safe and uneventful trip. My prayers are with you and Charlie. I also hope none of us has any damage from Irene. Just have to wait and see on that one.
    RED X ANGLER

Jan my prayers are with you and Charlie that the chemo went well and that the rehab isn't too painful! God bless him for fighting hard.

Jan, hope you and Charlie came out OK on the storm. I saw a little about your area, and I know it wasn't so good. Was thinking about both of your when I heard about it.
    RED X ANGLER

We did well during the storm. Lost one big tree and tons of limbs are scattered all over the yard. Got a lot of work ahead of me! We lost a few shingles but that was all. Our road is flooded, of course, and the power has been out since 5:30 yesterday am and the phone since last night. But we are all fine, which is all that matters. Hope everyone else did as well.

RED X ANGLER

Jan, glad to hear that both you and Charlie are safe. Wish I could get awy to help with your yard, but things here just seem to keep piling up. I have a 35 to 40 yo tree on my house that is still over my bed. I did get a huge surprize from my son and his family who live next door to us. After I was getting everything ready to get going on the huge mess in my yard, they all came over to help. I am still pinching myself on that one. Took over a half day with 6 of us working on our yard. The I went over to my son's house to help him. They don't have nearly as many trees as I, nor any that are even half the size.
    RED X ANGLER

Glad to hear you made it through the storm ok. How is charlie doing. I know both of you have to be worn out.
    Im dragging my behind here lately...so much going on.
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

As they say, when it rains it pours. I had to take Charlie to the Podiatrist yesterday to have the nails on both big toes removed. They were extremely ingrown and there was slight fungal infection, which is a side effect of the steroids. They had to use some sort of acid that should prohibit re-growth of the nailbed. This is necessary because as long as he is on the steroids the fungus would keep occurring under the nail. So far he hasn't complained of any pain. I am amazed because it was a very painful procedure to observe! We go back to the cancer center next week for chemo. I am hoping his toes are healed well enough for him to be able to wear shoes. But we will manage if they're not. I have become very resourceful!

RED X ANGLER

jan i know it had to be painful to have that done but i also know first hand that those ingrown are also painfull were still pulling and praying for charlie and you
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Jan, sorry to hear about all the problems. With all you nhave to do, I am sure you're quite resourceful.
    RED X ANGLER

Sorry to hear that charlie had quiet an ordeal with his toes, but those ingrown nails are painful. I havae problems with my two big toes doiing that. I have to keep the cut constantly. I hope all goes well with charlie and his next visit. Hope you & charlie are both doing well. Maybe i can get some time here shortly to come visit you both. Tell charlie his flys are still catching lots of bass over at the pond. They slam them good. Charlie has some good recipes & the fish love them.
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Been there, done that with the big toe nails. I had just the sides of mine removed a long time ago, permanently. Still have about 2/3 of both nails left, and have not had another problem. The needles going in to remove the nail was very painful to me. One of the old doctors that was in the hospital I went to used to snatch nails off, with nothing for pain. I avoided that one.
    RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements