A prayer for a friend! - Page 22
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

im so very sorry jan your both in our prayers and as you said he will go at least in peace and pain free he is a great man and will be sorely missed but you are an even greater woman whom we will all be here for any time day or nite. god bless you all.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I know YOUR pain as I went through the same with my mom about 11 months ago. Nothing can describe it. Charlie is now pain free and will be in a better place where he can watch over you. He knows you are there and is greatful. He will be missed-- God bless him,, and you!
    dbeam, and RouseD like this.

Red X Angler

If we have to lose someone we love, seeing them pass peacefully is a God send. My parents both passed that way. My mom just sort of slipped away with no pain, right before nmy eyes, and my dad went very peacefully also while my sis and I were slepping beside his bed. I am sure one reason Charlie is passing peacefully is because of Jan. He is, and has been a very lucky man, and I've seen it in his eyes. Not very good with words during a time like this, so I hope it was OK.

RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

God Bless and help you through this. I know you cherish every minute you have spent at his bedside, but I have also seen how hard it is on a person to aide, assist, and hold a vigil during a time like this.

Darrell
    Crabby Captain John, and RouseD like this.

Red X Angler

Charlie passed away peacefully in his sleep this morning at 3:45. He will be cremated and wanted no memorial service. Brian and I want to express our sincere thanks to everyone for the prayers and support. If anyone wants to honor his memory, please consider a donation to the American Brain Tumor Association (abta.org) or to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center (wakehealth.edu/giving)
    RED X ANGLER

our prayers are with you jan this is a devistateing day but yet a joyous day for now charlie is at peace,god bless you and keep you strong,keep his memorie and all he strived for alive by remembering with smiles and laughter and not tears,we love you jan

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Very sorry to hear. I have been following his progress here since you started updating us. He is in a better place now and is pain free.

Blog Entries

Our prayers are with your family Jan. Blessings and peace to you all during this time.

RIP Charlie, may the heavens have great fishing holes for your to cast your long pole with your flies.

Jan you have a lot of wonderful memories, may the hands of God rest on your shoulders and give you comfort.

Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Devestating news, your family is on my heart and in my deepest prayers. I may have never met him, but I won't forget him or how hard he fought. Rest in peace fellow fisherman.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Jan; I am so sorry to hear about Charley ! You and your family are in my prayers ! I won't you to know that I admire the way you stuck by Charley all these months, And I know it was hard on you.
    May God bless and comfort you and yours in your loss.
    MO

This is a friend I will miss but I am happy he is in a better place. I want to remember him and Jan in one of his happiest times I know . Here are the portraits I took of Charlie and Jan .

Thanks for being our friend and allowing us to use the pics ...

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Jan, you and Brian are in our prayers. Charlie was a wonderful friend and we enjoyed all of the great conversations and visits we had. I have a very special pair of hemastats that he gave me that will always be dear to me. We will truly miss him but know he is in a wonderful place now. God bless you and your family. We love you. Rhonda

AKA " MRS FLINGER " TARHEEL FLY FLINGER'S " RED X ANGLER "

Even though I knew this day was coming, still so sad to hear. Wish I had gotten to know Charlie earlier. 1st time I ever met him was at a fly tying M&G about 3 years ago. I was too new to want anyone to see anything that I had tied. especially after seeing all the beautiful work from Charlie, and some of the other seasoned tyers. Charlie was especially kind to me, and I know he knew how I was feeling. He showed me several ways he tied his flies, and that has helped me. The main thing about Charlie was his way of making anyone feel comfortable around him, with his very even keel personality.
    Jan and Brian, you both have my deepest sympathies, and my prayers.

RED X ANGLER

Well a very dear friend is at our loss but heaven gained an angel. Charlie was a very caring,
    loving, & giving man. Charlie was a very unselfish person that thought of others before his own needs.
    My heart is deeply hurting right now and i will miss him very much. I have prayed for the best for charlie.
    I guess charlie got the best present for christmas this year, he gets to be with god now. Charlie , i wish you all the best my friend with the rest of your days in heaven. I hope to see you again one day. The rest of my fishing days will be dedicated in your honor my friend. I am so fortunate to have been graced with your friendship and for having you in my life. You are just like family to me and i have gotten close to yours over the past few years. Im glad we were able to keep our last promise to you and cook you the fish stew since you never had one. That was a good day & a good visit...i'm glad that my last memory was a good one and a good day for you my friend. May god bring peace to your family in your leaving us and may they rejoyce in your going home to the father our god. I am happy your in a better place but also , i'm so saddened that your not with us. My heart is very heavy right now and my eyes are filled with happiness & sorrow at the same time. God bless you & your family...i love you.

Eddie

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements