A prayer for a friend! - Page 23
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Jan, Thanks for the posting the obituary. Even though I never got to meet him it is easy to tell how much Charlie was loved and how much he will be missed. It is also easy to see how you have been devoted to him during his illness. Charlie is at peace and dwelling in eternal happiness, as your grieving lessens I hope these thoughts will bring you peace and that you can gain some rest and rejuvenation for yourself as well

Darrell

Red X Angler

I wanted to make sure that anyone who read Charlie's obituary understood that it was ncangler that they referred to, although it was spelled out as North Carolina Angler's Association. That's the Sun Journal for you. We especially wanted to thank everyone on here for all the support and prayers during Charlie's illness. We have gotten to know a wonderful group of people on here and we appreciate you all.

RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Jan, I'm sure everyone on ncangler, feels the same as I, in wishing there was something more we could have done. Also, I thank you for getting to know such a caring, and special woman, and I hope you keep posting here to let us know how you and your son are doing. Wish I could have visited more, ands wish you could have met my wife Susie. Family issues kept me from visiting you and Charlie as much as I wanted. Please let me know when you feel like company, and Susie and I will try our best to visit you. I think you may still have my phone number. If not, let me know, and I'm PM it it to you. Also, if there is anything that I can do for you, please let me know.

RED X ANGLER

Brian and I had a surprise visit on Sunday from Allen Peyton and Eddie Manning. They hadn't been able to reach us by phone so they stopped to make sure we were doing ok. They are such shining examples of the wonderful people we have gotten to know on here and two of the many supportive and caring friends that he made. Brian has made the decision to move back home with me for the foreseeable future. We have had some home break-ins in the area lately and he is very concerned about me being alone. Plus he said that he wants us to be together while we adjust to losing the most important person in both our lives. Charlie and I have always felt so blessed and honored to have such a terrific son.

RED X ANGLER

A little after sunrise on Dec. 3, about the time he would normally be hitting the water for a day of fishing, Brian and I scattered Charlie's ashes at the junction of the Neuse and Trent Rivers in New Bern. That was the where he spent most of his fishing time and where he so longed to be over the past 5 3/4 years. He is back on the waters that he loved so much and where we all shared so many happy times and memories. Wishing him many, many full limits and waiting for the day I can join him for endless days on the water, sharing many more beautiful sunrises and sunsets.Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC00464.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	34072

RED X ANGLER

as hard as it is im so glad you put him where he loved to be we all know he will be smileing with every cast of a line and the tug of a trophy fish at the end.
    im so glad to know also that there is a GOD and that one day we will all be reunited with our loved ones,peace be with you jan and brian god bless you all.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

What a lovely place to be put to rest.

Darrell

Red X Angler

I've been meaning to log in for the last week, but I lost my password so it took awhile! I wanted to personally thank everyone on here for the support shown to me and most especially my parents. I don't really know if we can ever express just how important it was to Dad to be able to talk to and meet everyone on this site, after he sold his boat he felt limited as to what he coud do, almost like he lost an arm! That was when he really launched into the fly-tying and devoted himself totally. I think he was urprised at first, but ultimately came to love the sport and the people he met within it. I hope to keep in touch with everyone here, and hopefully learn some of what Dad did! After sending his ashes back out onto the water, I almost felt like I was welcoming him back home, so anybody fishing these waters just keep in mind that Charlie's Out There.....
    I wanted to give special thanks to Allen Peyton and Eddie Manning for the visits, the support, and not at all least the stew that made Dad smile so much!
    God Bless you all
    Brian Cobb

Jan, just can't say enough about how wonderful it was that you and Brian carried out Charlie's wishes so well, and with such care, and appreaciation of such a wonderful, and special man.

Brain, wish I could have visited your dad, and mom more than I did. The support for your parents came very easy to anyone who had been lucky enough to meet both of them, or to see how much support your dad had from all the on line ncangler people. Glad I got to meet you ate the BBQ chicken benefit that Eddie Maniing put on at Kinston for your dad. Thank you so much for reminding all of us about Charlie being out in the Trent and Nuese River areas. He'll certainly be in my thoughts everywhere I go fishing. Please do keep in touch, and go fishing with us if you like fishing. You're a part of your dad, and at least we'd have a part of Charlie with us, as well as the part of him that is out there when we go fishing.

RED X ANGLER

Blog Entries

I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I only had the pleasure of meeting Charlie one time but he made me feel like I had known him my whole life. He walked me through step by step as I tied my very first fly. Here is a picture that I have from that evening Click image for larger version.

Name:	CCOBB.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	34119

I will surely miss charlie..he was a very wonderful person & a great friend. You couldn't ask for
    any better of a friend. May his days in heaven be filled with all he truly deserves. Jan & brian...we are still here for you if you need us for anything.
    dbeam, MOFISH, NCPIERMAN, and RouseD like this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Brian and I will be heading for WV this weekend to see family. I'm not sure I'm ready for it but Charlie's mom is having a tough time so we feel like we need to go for a few days. It gets harder every day for me. I miss him so much. We were together around the clock for so long that I now feel like half of me is missing. I keep looking for him to come through the door, as if the last 5 1/2 years hadn't happenend. I know everyone says it will get easier but right now it just doesn't feel that way. I am just so glad for the support I have been getting from so many. Wishing everyone a wonderful Christmas! Spend as much time as possible with those you love and cherish every minute.Jan C

RED X ANGLER

Jan, I can only guess at how you must feel. Also, my dad was 92yo when he passed, so again, I wouldn't know how it would feel to Brian to lose a dad at such an early age. For a mother to lose a son has to be tough. My prayers go out to Charlie's entire family for the adjustment period to be as easy as possible. A man like Charlie will always be missed, but hoping your thoughts will turn toward the good times you had. . In the the short time I knew him, I still think of him often.

RED X ANGLER

I hope it is alright that I am doing this here. I have made my holiday wish this year to raise $500.00 for the American Brain Tumor Association in Charlie's memory. I would have set the goal higher but since there are only 10 days till Christmas I decided on the $500.00 goal this year. If anyone is interested please check the link. A lot of people have asked if there was anything they could do. This is just a suggestion if anyone is interested.

http://wishes.causes.com/wishes/421660
    RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements