A prayer for a friend! - Page 24
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

We made it back from WV tonight. It was a nice visit with family but it was a hard trip. It was the the first time we have ever gone home without Charlie. We took the remainder of his ashes and scattered them on a local lake in his hometown where he fished all his life with his dad and took Brian when we lived there. The pictures are of the lake and Brian after he scattered the ashes. It was hard for Brian but he knows that he fulfilled his Dad's wishes. We had a nice visit but now I need some alone time.
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC00484.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	34861Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC00485.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	34862

RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Jan, your and Brian's love and dedication to fulfill Charlie's wishes has my admiration. From the short time I knew Charlie, that is easy to understand. Thanks for the pics. Takes a while for the healing to get cranked up after such a loss. That loss is also felt by everyone who met Charlie, and a lot who just knew him form what has been said on this site. Hope Charlie's mom is coping OK with this also.

RED X ANGLER

A wish and a prayer for everyone to have a very Merry Christmas and a very happy, safe and healthy New Year! And a HUGE thank you to everyone for all the support and prayers for Charlie and our entire family. You guys are terrific!

RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

jan and brian our hearts are your this christmas season and we pray you find comfort knowing charlie is watching from above,we hope and pray your christmas and new years will be a peaceful one for you both,we love you both peace be with you all.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Quote Originally Posted by NCPIERMAN View Post
    jan and brian our hearts are your this christmas season and we pray you find comfort knowing charlie is watching from above,we hope and pray your christmas and new years will be a peaceful one for you both,we love you both peace be with you all.
    +1 and Amen to this!

Hardcore Kayak Fishing Team - Go Hardcore!

I hope everyone had a very nice Christmas and cherish the time they had with those they love. Brian and hs girlfriend kept me very occupied all day on Christmas. We spent time with Leslie's family in the morning, then she came here for dinner and gift-opening with us. After, they took me to see "War Horse" which I had very much wanted to see. Fantastic movie, by the way! It was a nice day for us both, at least as nice as it could be with us both missing Charlie with such a huge ache in our hearts. I struugled a bit that night after Brian went back to his house, ater having him here all night on Christmas Eve. He had been to Miami and back, leaving New Bern on Thursday morning about 10 am and driving back on Friday leaving there at about 1 pm and not arriving back here until 6 am Sat. His girlfriend had taken her mother to Miami to visit family and while there her 6-year old son became very ill and was taken to the ER. He had severe headache pain and vomiting. They still don't know what was wrong with him because his father's insurance would not cover him out-of-state (stupid policies, especially with a small child involved). They have an appt. in Greenville on Jan. 5. We definitely need all the prayers we can get for them. The doctors don't think it is a brain tumor, but they can't know conclusively till they get an MRI. So please pray for a good outcome with the tests and that he not have any more symptoms meantime. So far he hasn't but one doctor that Leslie works with said that could change at any time.
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

RED X ANGLER

prayers sent once again,hopefully its nothing more than being tired and too much food
    RouseD, and YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER like this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Prayers from here also Jan. I also hope it is nothing more than what pierman said.

RED X ANGLER

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Jan, The same thing happened to my 9yo granddaughter " headache & vomiting ". Her mom took her to the ER, and they said it was an allergic reaction to something. She is fine now, but they will be running some allergy test on her to see what she may be allergic too.
    I will add him to my prayer list !

Brian and I want to wish everyone a very happy, safe, productive but most of all healthy New Year! Please keep the prayers going for Leslie's young son, he goes to the doctor on 1/5 for an MRI. Not a pleasant way for a six-year old to start his new year. Hoping for a good report for them!

RED X ANGLER

Jan, thank you very much, and the same for you. Prayers continued for the young man that he will have a good report.
    RED X ANGLER

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by ccobb View Post
    Brian and I want to wish everyone a very happy, safe, productive but most of all healthy New Year! Please keep the prayers going for Leslie's young son, he goes to the doctor on 1/5 for an MRI. Not a pleasant way for a six-year old to start his new year. Hoping for a good report for them!
    Jan, I wish a very happy, safe, productive, and a healthy New Year to you & Brian as well !
    The symptoms for Leslie's young son sounds the same as the symptoms that my granddaughter had. The doctors said that it was an allergic reaction to something. Hopefully that will be the same with there son. I will keep him in my prayers.

Sorry, i havent been on here in a while. I hope everyone had a nice christmas. Jan & brian..you're still in my thoughts & prayers. Hope things are getting easier to cope with.
    dbeam, and RouseD like this.

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

A quick update on Leslie's son. They took him to see the doctor on Jan. 5th. He decided not to do an MRI since Elijah is so young and hasn't had any more symptoms. They said there was fluid and swelling but they have no idea what caused it. If he has no other syptoms he will go back in 6 months. If he does have symptoms they were told to get him to the doctor immediately for the MRI so they could do it while he was having the symptoms. So thanks to everyone for the prayers and keep praying for no more symptoms. It's a tricky situation-if he did have more symptoms they could possibly discover what was wrong but we just really don't want a 6-year old to have to go through all of that.
    RouseD likes this.

RED X ANGLER

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

praying for everything to work out as good as possible.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements