A prayer for a friend! - Page 25
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

Prayers continued Jan. Thanks so much fhor the update.
    RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just checking in! I know Brian has been checking in pretty often but I haven't been on in a while. I hope everyone is doing well. Brian and I went today and adopted a rescue dog. She is a sweetie! She is a bassett-beagle mix and has made herself right at home this afternoon-on my bed! She will be a lot of company for me, which is a blessing because I miss Charlie so much. Brian has moved back in with me, too so I have two souls to help me through!

RED X ANGLER

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Good to hear about the dog, I sure the 2 of you will enjoy each other. Post a picture if you get a chance, we would love to see her.

Darrell
    MOFISH, RouseD, and tarheel fly flinger like this.

Red X Angler

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

I just saw her picture on Mofish's post. A fine looking dog. What is her name?

Darrell
    tarheel fly flinger likes this.

Red X Angler

Her name is Gabby. We lost our other dog almost two years ago and it took a while before I was ready for another one, what with all the trips to NC Baptist (Winston-Salem) to the cancer center every couple of weeks. We always adopt rescue dogs. There are so many out there that need homes and they always seem so grateful to have a home to go to. She is a sweetheart! We had adopted another one, a bassett-lab? mix. He was adorable but he was just immediately terrified of my son for some reason. We strongly suspect that whoever had him mistreated and hurt him and that Brian bore a very strong resemblance to the other man. We ended up after a week having to return him to the rescue group. We hated it but we both said we didn't want him to be afraid and nervous all the time. He has already been adopted and is doing great with the other man so we really don't think it was men in general he was afraid of. I hate to think anyone could mistreat an animal that much but it happens all too often. We have definitely found over the years that mixed breed dogs are often the best pets. We have had three rescue dogs and they have all been great dogs. Our last one was adopted three days before Charlie had his first seizures that led to his brain cancer diagnosis. Gabby is a smaller dog and is very well behaved and friendly. She has really made herself at home already and I think she is going to be happy here with us. I know I love having the companionship.

RED X ANGLER

Remember you have friends on here and just let us know when you are up for some company!! Congrats on the dog!! Unconditional love!!
    dbeam, and RouseD like this.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC00601.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	36582Here are a couple of pictures of Gabby, our newest family memeber, for those who haven't seen the one on Mofish's post. She decided she preferred my bed last night to her dog bed!
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC00612.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	36581
    RED X ANGLER

I can already see that Gabby is a very lucky dog.
    RED X ANGLER

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Wow, she's a beauty ! I know you are going to enjoy her. Beagle/Bassett's make great companions.

handsome puppy!!!
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

A fine looking girl for sure

Darrell
    Red X Angler

Just checking in! I'm doing ok and the dog is sure a blessing. She keeps me busy wanting me to play with her 24-7! She sure makes it hard to get anything else done because vey time I start doing something she starts barking wanting me to play ith her. Of course, I give in. I have more bad days than good but it will get better in time. It is so hard readjusting to life without Charlie, and without trips to the Cancer Center and oncologist every couple of weeks. I still sometimes feel that I'm not doing the things that I am supposed to be doing. After 5 3/4 years of such a regimented schedule it is a big adjustment. I have been busy getting everything sorted and taken care of. It has taken me more than two months just to get the car title changed. Between the VA, Mediciad, social Security, etc., I have been running myself ragged. It's pretty much done now, just waiting on the VA so that I cna figure ouhow to get the bills paid! hope everyone is doing well so far this new year. Good fishing to all!
    MOFISH, NCPIERMAN, and RouseD like this.

RED X ANGLER

Sorry about the lousy spelling! My keyboard is sticking for some reason. It's always something!
    NCPIERMAN likes this.

RED X ANGLER

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

The bills will get paid when they get paid, try not to worry about them too much, and when you are, sit down and play with the dog.

I wish I could blame my spelling on the keyboard

Darrell
    Deckape, NCPIERMAN, and RouseD like this.

Red X Angler

Jan, I am so glad you have your dog to keep you company. Maybe Charlie sent her to you. Please keep us updated on how you're doing.
    dbeam likes this.

RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements