A prayer for a friend! - Page 3
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

Mainly redfish. But on windy days when the weather is warm I hit the river and fish for bream. How bout you name some dates that you all will be getting together again and I will see what I can do about making it up there. Weekends are best especially now when it is still cold. Once the weather warms I get real busy.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

A quick update for all who have sent prayers our way! Charlie is doing well, trying to get out as much as possible. The exercise is good for him if he is feeling up to it. He had a nice visit yesterday from his fishing buddy Bob, which picked his spirits up a lot. Any time he can talk fishing is a good day!
    dbeam, NCangler, and RouseD like this.

RED X ANGLER

Jan, glad to hear Charlie is doing well. I will keep him in my prayers.
    RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Charlie--I identify with your plight--My sincere prayers go out to you and your family.
    MY GOOD WIFE'S PHILOSOPHY ON FISHING----NOTHING TO IT----JUST FIND A HUNGRY FISH--

Sorry I haven't done an update for a while. Charlie went to the docotr on Feb. 17th. The MRI from the previous day showed a couple of mms of growth. We had hoped for no new growth but at least the tumor isn't growing very fast. He has felt pretty good lately. He was able to get outside yesterday and trim some fruit trees. Although the warm weather created some "fishing fever" in him, I think! He is looking forward to the get-together on Sat. in Kinston. We both appreciate the prayers and support from you all!
    Jan Cobb
    Janet Fisher Cobb's Birthday Wish | Causes Wishes
    MOFISH likes this.

RED X ANGLER

Jan, thks so much for the update on Charlie. Prayers continue. See you both on saturday.
    RED X ANGLER

Saturdays M & G was just the medicine Charlie needed! It was wonderful getting together with everyone.
    georgep likes this.

RED X ANGLER

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I am so sorry that I didn't get to talk to Charlie ! Most of the time I didn't know if I was coming or going.
    I am so glad you and Charley got to attend the event, and had a good time. May God bless you both, and I hope to see you both at the next m&g.

Charlie brought some beautiful flies to the M&G to share with us and then he proceded to give them away ...you are one talented tyer Charlie!!! Thanks so much for coming down and attending the M&G. We do want to get over to see you and talk flies and find more Red X's on the water! You take care Charlie Cobb!!
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Jan, it was nice meeting you and seeing Charlie again. Wish I had had more time to talk with both of you a bit.
    RED X ANGLER

For those who don't know, Charlie was taken by to the ER on Monday morning. He was at first thought to have pneumonia, but has since been diagnosed with extreme, septic gastroenteritis, adrenal insufficiency, and severe dehydration from the steroids he has to take for the swelling around the brain tumor. He was very sick with a temp. of 104, blood pressure at only 80/45 and a heart rate over 165. But they pumped him full of antibiotics and monitered his kidney output and heart and he was released from the hospital tonight. He is feeling much better tonight, just extremely weak from the infection. We had to postpone the chemo treatment scheduled in Winston-Salem for tomorrow and will try to go on Monday, if he feels like making the trip. Thanks to everyone for all the kind words concerning the M & G on Sat.
    Jan C
    RED X ANGLER

Jan I am so glad to hear that Charlie is doing better after the battle he has had over the last couple of days and I know he's glad to be back at home. I have had both of you on my mind since saturday and am continuing to pray for Charlie's healing and strength, and also strength for you as his care giver. Tell Charlie I am so Thankful for the flies that he gave to me at the M/G and I will cherish them and really looking forward also to using them when I'm able to get out on the water. God Bless you both and will be praying each day for you both. Take Care !!!!!! georgep

I had no idea this has happened! Thank you for the up date. We are all happy to hear of his recovery from the infection! Can't keep a good man down!
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

i met charlie for the first time saturday and was very impressed with his fly tying skills and his openeness to friends and shareing ill be praying for a speedy recovery for him and the family thanks for letting us know it was very nice to meet you as well mrs cobb
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Jan, prayers continued here. I am not very good at words, so I liked what georgep said, so much, I'll just let you know how much I agree with him. Charlie has given me some of his flies before, and I still look at them, and admire them so much.
    RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast