A prayer for a friend! - Page 4
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

Charlie is doing a little better. He has been sleeping most of the time. He is having a tough time recuperating from the infection and the renal failure. We go back to Winston-Salem on Monday for a neurologist appt. and his chemo treatment. Hopefully he will be more rested by then. He hasn't felt like signing on to NC Angler but I read him all the good wishes from everyone. He appreciates the thoughts and prayers so much!
    Jan C

RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hang in there Charlie ...better days are ahead! Jan please let me know when Charlie is have is well enought to have friends over.
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Blog Entries

Thanks for the update. We will keep praying.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the update Jan. More prayers on the way. I'd love to visit Charlie again, when he is feeling like having company.
    RED X ANGLER

Charilie my prayers are with you
    Faith and prayers are strongest things in life we have!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan, please tell Charlie that we all are praying for him and pray that things go well tomorrow. Please also take care of yourself, being a loving wife, friend, and caregiver can really put us in a position where we can really get worn down ourselves. I know very well how tired you can get, not only physically,mentally, and spiritually when things overloads our schedule and it seems like we just don't have enough hours in the day, days in the week and then we loose track of even what day it is. We are praying for you both and please keep us posted on how things are going. God Bless georgep

Jan, if y'all need anything done around the house/yard, please let me know. I live in Havelock & will help in any way possible. Tell Charlie my thoughts are with him.

JD
    RouseD, and YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER like this.

I don't know charlie but he and his family will be in our prayers.

Jan, I would be glad to join JDHD, or any others, on a day to help with things around your house or yard. Please let us know when you need some help.
    RED X ANGLER

Charlie did well with the chemo yesterday, but he was exhausted from all the walking between appts. The neurologist said he is doing well on the increased dose of his seizure medication. Thank goodness, no sign of any horrible allergic reaction this time! We had a chance to speak with the oncologist when he popped in during the treatment. He is going over all of the records from the hospital stay and we will discuss further treatment options next week. He said the brain tumor has progressed more than they thought so we will have a lot of difficult decisions ahead of us. I will keep everyone updated on how he is feeling. He would love to have any and all visitors once he is feeling up to it. We just need to get him completely over this infection. Thanks to all for the prayers!

RED X ANGLER

More are being sent ....thanks for the up dates!
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Jan, thanks for the update. Let us know when Charlie is up to visitations. Prayers on going.
    RED X ANGLER

Charlie is doing better, although he is now fighting another intestinal infection caused by all the antibiotics he received in the hospital. He is still resting most of the time trying to regain the srength he needs to fight the cancer. I wil keep you all updated and let you know when he is able to have visitors. We have to be so careful right now not to expose him to any other possible infections.
    Jan

RED X ANGLER

Jan, thanks so much for keeping us informed. I have a sister in law that has had cancer 4 times. She too had to be very careful about being around others until her blood count improved. Please tell Charlie that we all are keeping him in our prayers, and thoughts. Just let us know when it is safe for Charlie to have visitors. If you need anything that we could help you with, please let us know.
    RED X ANGLER

We went to the Cancer center yesterday for an Oncology appt. and chemo treatment. We are in the difficult position of trying to decide whether to try an additional chemotherapy drug. The current one isn't working to stop the growth of the tumor. The new drug has some really horrible side effects and the oncologist doesn't have much confidence in it helping much. Any and all prayers for us to make the right decision would be greatly appreciated. The doctor told him "no more fishing" so he is going to sell his fly-tying supplies and tools and his big collection of crappie stuff. I hate to see him sell his fly-tying equipment. He enjoys the tying so much. I will try to do better at posting more updates. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast