A prayer for a friend! - Page 5
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

That is to bad I hate to hear that someone has to give up fishing. But if it helps with the healing process then it is best. Ill be thinking about you two.
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

MRS COBB,
    so sorry to hear this, he may not be able to fish but i dont see the need for him to sell what he loves to occupy his time with,me and my family will keep you in our prayers for sure.
    red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Rouse D , Yakattack, JDHD and yours truly are going to see Charlie on Saturday for some group therapy. Charlie said he might be able to do some pier fishing or surf casting . Can't keep a good guy down.

ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

I am saddened to hear that you all are going thru this. Our prayers are with you all.

Jan, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your tough choices, but I am sure you'll make the best one. I am also sure that anyone who has ever met Charlie is praying for him, and for you also. Hopefully, Charlie will be able to continue to fish in some way until he can get better. Fly tying is great therarpy
    RED X ANGLER

Prayers are being said for your persevering during a difficult time and to give the doctors the skills necessary to help you.

Red X Angler

"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught." ~Author Unknown

Mrs Cobb, tell Charlie that he is my prayers. I also am praying for you as you help take care of him. I'm kinda like Tim, I think you need to hold on to all his fly tieing stuff, on those days where things are not going so well that may be something that will give him a little light. God Bless and we all love you both. Please keep us informed on his progress, just as the song that we sing in worship " God will take care of you, thru everyday oooo all the way , He will take care of you, God will take care of you.

Jan, it was so nice visiting with you and Charlie yesterday. I forgot to give you my phone number before I left. I will be sending a Pm to you, with my home phone, and cell phone numbers.
    RED X ANGLER

It was a wonderful time we had in the Cobb house hold!!! Charlie was in great spirits. Fellowship with friends and our extended family was great medicine! The fishing talk was as thick as water!! Thanks Jan for letting us visit, It was so good to see the both of ya'll again! All three of us came away with a warm feeling .... Charlie's med expenses are BIG! We are coming up with some ideas to help out . We will post soon on what we come up with . Thanks Randy for this site! This is proof how good this site is!!

" BOWFIN ANGLER "

Allan, it was good to see all of you pay Charlie,and Jan a visit yesterday. I'm sure it really lifted their spirits. Please keep us informed if you will on how you think we can help Charlie but in the mean time I will continue to pray for Charlie and his family.

Thanks George!
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

I am so blessed & fortunate to have good health, family , & friends. This is a wonderfule site, thanks to ncangler...
    We have made so many friends. Charlie & jan have become more like family. I am very proud & honored to know the two of them. They are truly very special people. I was so saddened to hear that charlie was selling all his fly fishing stuff. The thought of him not being able to do what he's very passionate about is very sad. I bought alot of stuff yesterday , but friends... I will tell you it was a hard thing to do. I know it will help out with finances, but it just didn't feel right. It still don't ...!!! I am a very tough man on the outside, but let me tell you...on the inside .... What i was feeling yesterday, i was crying like a baby. Makes you wonder why things like this happens to so many good people. I pray that god heals him of this sickness & he gets well soon. Charlie & jan..i love you both. Hang in there charlie...don't ever give up. God bless you both.

Eddie

EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

Good evening to all! Charlie has had a good day today. He has been feeling well and had a nice visit this afternoon with our son. We had a very nice time with the guys yesterday. Allen, Eddie and Dennis always make him laugh! I want them to know how much I appreciate their visits. Any time Charlie can talk fishing, he is a happy camper! Visitors are welcome any time. We really appreciate all the support from the guys. They have become our extended NC family and we love them all! A special thanks to all our NC Angler "family", also, for all of the prayers and support.
    Jan

RED X ANGLER

Jan, it is good to hear that Eddie, Allen, and I made Charlie laugh. It was a pleasure being with both of you. YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER expressed the feelings of all 3 of us well. Both you and Charlie are valuable to the ncangler, and the Red X communities. Prayers continue for both of you.

RED X ANGLER

I ain't giving up on charlie & charlie ain't giving up either....he will be back fishing again soon.
    Only god knows what is meant to be & i can't see why no reason that he won't heal charlie.
    I have a good feeling about that. Charlie , we love ya brother & wish you well again soon.
    We have alot of fishing to do ...coming up soon when the weather gets nicer. If you need anything...you have my number...don't hesitate to call.
    EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast