A prayer for a friend! - Page 6
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: A prayer for a friend!

Allen, Eddie, and Dennis...I really appreciate all the support. It really means a lot to have the support of good friends and to get visits from them like we had last weekend. It was a great day! By the way, I still have stuff to sell!!! Come back whenever you can, we have more fishin' talk to do!
    Charlie

RED X ANGLER

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

mr cobb glad to hear your feeling a little better my friend we are keeping you in our prayers as well as your lovely wife keep on keeping on my friend the lord is by your side keeping watch as we are.
    YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER likes this.

red x angler and tarheelflyflinger for life -red drum its not an obssesion but a passion

Quote Originally Posted by ccobb View Post
    Allen, Eddie, and Dennis...I really appreciate all the support. It really means a lot to have the support of good friends and to get visits from them like we had last weekend. It was a great day! By the way, I still have stuff to sell!!! Come back whenever you can, we have more fishin' talk to do!
    Charlie
    Charlie, I enjoyed our visit. I'll give you a call soon to find a good day for a visit. I love fishin talk. I still have a lot to learn about fly fishing, and fly tying.
    RED X ANGLER

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Charlie has been pretty tired the last couple of days and has had some problems with his walking. But otherwise seems to be feeling pretty well. He would like to attend the next M & G but it will all depend on how he feels after the preceding chemo treatment. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes!
    Jan

RED X ANGLER

A prayer for charlie.

Thanks again for the update Jan. Hope today finds Charlie feeling better.

RED X ANGLER

Eddie Manning (a.k.a.YAKATTACK-FLY-FLINGER) has been a big help in selling Charlie's stuff. He brought a co-worker by last night and is bringing another friend tomorrow. He was amazed last night at how much gear Charlie has around here. Charlie had told the guys that he had more stuff than Walmart. I think Eddie is a believer now! It was really good to have the visitors, they do so much to lift his spirits. He has been feeling fairly well the last few days. It will be three weeks between chemo treatments this time so he has had more time to recuperate from it. We go to Winston-Salem on Thursday for the next chemo. He is considering doing a few treatments of the CPT-11 along with the Avastin, as long as the side effects aren't too bad for him. He can always stop the additional chemo any time he wants. Thanks to all for the prayers.
    Jan
    RouseD, and YAKATTACK FLY FLINGER like this.

RED X ANGLER

Thanks for the update Jan. I need to get back to see Charlie again soon. I'll call 1st to see if it is a good time.
    RED X ANGLER

We're off to Winston-Salem in the a.m. for chemo. I saw my first double rainbow of the spring last night and my first hummingbird arrived today! Gotta be signs of good things to come!! Charlie has started having problems with the aphasia (word-finding) the last few days and his balance has been giving him trouble. He has seemed to feel fairly good, though. Hopefully the chemo goes well tomorrow. He will probably sleep on the drive back. Hope everyone enjoys this beautiful spring evening!
    Jan C

RED X ANGLER

We all hope so Jan! Thanks for all the updates. We will visit as soon as Charlie feels like it.
    ALLEN TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    " BOWFIN ANGLER "

Thanks for the update Jan. Please let us know how Charlie does with his chermo, and when he will feel like company.
    RED X ANGLER

I pray that god puts his healing touch on charlie & that the doctors find the wisdom to help charlie get well soon & back to better health. Hang in there charlie, we're al rooting for you buddy.
    EDDIE TARHEEL FLY FLINGERS " RED X ANGLER "
    "BOWFIN ANGLER "

We hope everyone escaped the storms with no real damage. Charlie had a very nice visit with our friends from back home n WV. He took a good nap after they left (they left early to try to escape the storms!) and slept through the little bit of rain that we got. Unfortunately a lot of people all around us weren't as lucky as we were. Praying for everyone who had either personal or physical losses.
    Jan C

RED X ANGLER

Jan, glad you and Charlie came through the storms unharmed. Was thinking about you when I saw it may be bad in your area. We were lucky here also. Prayers for the ones who were not as lucky as us.

RED X ANGLER

Rejoice on this day of miracles! Happy Easter to all! Charlie is up and feeling well today. Hope for a peaceful day for all.

RED X ANGLER

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements